Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies (Read 18 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW, those are some really good deals. I just got back from the Dick's Warehouse, which sounds like some sort of sex store, but it's the unsold stuff from Dick's Sporting Goods. I exercised great restraint. They had some Endorphon Pro 3s for $50. I have a new in box pair, so passed them up. Also Wave Riders for $59 or 65 depending on the color. I really considered those. I really went to check out socks. Unfortunately, I cannot fit a small because they had some $8 Balegas.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Time for the twice-yearly big blowout sale at the Brooks Outlet! They always have discounted older models, but the same kind of discounts you usually find online. At these sales I think they bring back all the unsold shoes from around the country, and sell at deeper discounts. Check out these prices! Sadly, no Ghosts. I picked up a couple pairs of my usual Adrenalines, and took a flyer on a pair of Hyperion Tempos. I’ve never tried them, but they felt good. I’ve been kind of looking for something else for speed workouts and/or shorter races, at a better price point than the Vaporflies. So we’ll see how they work out—pretty low risk at that price. 

I couldn't run in the Hyperion. Their back is too diagonal for my heel striking. I liked them otherwise, but I had to return them.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

I pulled out a new pair of Ghosts from the closet just this week. With only 2 more pairs stocked away 

Drove home from work alongside part of the Ragnar SoCal course. A brutally hilly leg but at least the weather is nice (cool and overcast). It's funny to see hundreds (?) of runners trekking through my suburb on a Fri night. I ran the Ragnar back in maybe 2016. It was fun and actually what sparked me to feel more comfortable running in the dark.

DavePNW

I pulled out a new pair of Ghosts from the closet just this week. With only 2 more pairs stocked away 

They’re the ones I needed most, I’m on my last pair!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wish the Ghosts would be more like the 12s or the 14s. I can tolerate the 15s but I don’t love them. 

Plan is to run the marathon in either a pair of 14s I have or the Ghost Max.

Damaris

DavePNW

I wish the Ghosts would be more like the 12s or the 14s. I can tolerate the 15s but I don’t love them. 

Plan is to run the marathon in either a pair of 14s I have or the Ghost Max.

I’m still on the 14 myself.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I’m still on the 14 myself.

Same! Was looking at the 15s just now, $30 off on Amazon ($109).

DavePNW

Same! Was looking at the 15s just now, $30 off on Amazon ($109).

LOL I just now did that exact thing, except Running Warehouse. I only then realized they’re on the 16 now. 

Dave

sdWhiskers

LOL I just now did that exact thing, except Running Warehouse. I only then realized they’re on the 16 now. 

Oh wow, maybe I'll miss the 15s completely

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't love the 14s as much as the 12s but the 15s have less cushion or at least that's how they feel. I need to try the 16s but no time now.

Damaris