Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

It's hard to even know where to begin but here are few:

Thanks for posting the photos.  Everything looks pretty much exactly how I remember it.  Hope you're enjoying the trip!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

Thanks for posting the photos.  Everything looks pretty much exactly how I remember it.  Hope you're enjoying the trip!

It was awesome. I didn't experience the rudeness I had heard about in Hanoi. Just ran into one scammer who I got rid of pretty quick. My first impression was that it was dirty and hectic (but that was by my hotel). But I enjoyed the old quarter a lot.

Cyberic

It was awesome. I didn't experience the rudeness I had heard about in Hanoi. Just ran into one scammer who I got rid of pretty quick. My first impression was that it was dirty and hectic (but that was by my hotel). But I enjoyed the old quarter a lot.

It Is so different from everything I've seen. Very cool that you went there.

RunningOnSand

Typically, you look to the next distance up for a realistic race equivalent. So the half marathon is a better predictor for a marathon than a 5k is, while a 5k is a better predictor for a 10k than a half marathon is. There are variables that affect it such as personal strengths, preferences and such, so it's not always 100%, but most of us can run our 5k predicted race time based on our marathon PR with our eyes closed, while running our predicted marathon race time based on our 5k PR, is a pipe dream.

Ah, makes sense now. Thanks Smile

most of us can run our 5k predicted race time based on our marathon PR with our eyes closed, while running our predicted marathon race time based on our 5k PR, is a pipe dream.

Unless you're onemile.

Dave