Beginners and Beyond

RR - Fifth Avenue Mile (+ FE with bluerun!) (Read 62 times)

LRB

...not sure why.

Because it's running, that's why. If something is not broke or breaking pinch yourself because you are likely dreaming FFS.

music_girl117

Thank you Scottydawg and workinprogress! 

LRB, I have a feeling the cumulative effect of this might have something to do with it too:

And I'm usually doing 2 speedwork sessions per week now instead of one.

I'm sporting an ankle compression brace thing from Rite Aid now; hopefully it will speed along the healing.

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

My secondary running went up and ended up with 4th in his a/g not shabby!

music_girl117

My secondary running went up and ended up with 4th in his a/g not shabby!

?  A running buddy? Coach?

Whoever it was, that's super.  It's a fast field in every age group!

PRs:

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

hog4life

Congrats!!

delicate flower

Nice running, music_girl!  That is a damn solid mile time.  It's good to think you can do better.  Smile

You guys are probably used to doing races in the big city, but that has got to be really cool to be racing straight down Fifth Avenue.

<3

music_girl117

Thanks hog4life!

Thanks Baboon!  I live in NJ and hail from Texas and Oklahoma, so for me it was exciting to race in the city.   This was actually my first time to ever do so.  And possibly the last.  $45 for the race + $26 for public transportation is a lot for a one race (especially such a short one).  I'm very glad I did it though, it was super fun!

PRs:

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice race, having any bit of a hill in there just sounds cruel.

$26 for public transportation?!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

?  A running buddy? Coach?

Whoever it was, that's super.  It's a fast field in every age group!

Oops!   somehow missed the subject!

Secondary running coach -  55-59 a/g  (5th place now that I look at it )  5:06 mile

bluerun

Super B****

It was nice meeting you!  Congrats on the PR -- that hill is just evil, you know.

(And I'm with you on that "extra distance"... I would have had my B goal if not for that.  Or the hill.  One or the other.  )

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Sweet, congrats!  Cool that you got to watch the pros as well.

music_girl117

$26 for public transportation?!

Thanks Half Crazy!  It's about an hour on the train from my place, which was $13 each way.  Not a terrible value I suppose, and far less stressful than driving, but still an expense I wouldn't normally have for a race.

Bluerun, same!  Also two seconds off from the B goal here.  And I so want to believe my watch and interpolate a 6:26 mile, but I just don't have enough evidence.  And like you said on your post it is a long wait to try again. Undecided  I'll likely do the same mile race in June that I did this year (a local one), but I doubt there will be any others before that.

Got it Sly, I figured that's what you meant.   Congrats to him, that is a smoking fast time.

Thanks Jay!

PRs: