Beginners and Beyond

Apple Pie Wednesday Penguins (Read 18 times)

From the Internet.

Bad day at work coupled with taper madness = I have new shoes on the way. Wave Rider 17s were $40 at Running Warehouse, plus the 15% Facebook discount, and I still have that $50 gift card from the racing flat sale. Free shoes, kind of!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Morning penguins! RD for me today I think. Last nights WO was brutal.

Yeah it was...

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6 for us today. Hot/cold run but felt great.  Still worried about the race temps on Sunday, but DW wants to try it.

Also, does anyone use a Fitbit?  DW is obsessed with her new Charge HR and needs a challenge.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hugs for Scotty and Gail.

Sapf- Hopefully your race gets started early, and it won't heat up until later?

I signed up for that marathon last night.  Last year I think there were like 35 runners or something. Smile  It will be me and the iris fields.  I'll probably hate irises by the end.

35 in your AG?

Zelanie

Total. None in my AG. So I might even win. Smile

Also, here is the course.  I put it into RA just to check the elevation.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

You might even win all AG's

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Also, here is the course.  I put it into RA just to check the elevation.

Holy crap. Do you need a ladder to get up that hill?! That thing is straight up!

Zelanie

Holy crap. Do you need a ladder to get up that hill?! That thing is straight up!

I think it's just the scale that makes it look scary since the rest of the course is so flat.  But I will be more than happy to walk it if I feel like it!

GinnyinPA

It's actually not that bad - only 60 or 70 feet over 1/2 mile.  Total elevation gain is only 546' - that's nothing over 26 miles.

Zelanie

They responded to my FB post with "we will have an emergency kit"  I was like, "actually, I wanted to know if there was water."   Their answer was more or less "yes."  So at some point, there will be water.   I am thinking that I need to bring my 20 oz handheld.  Or fill the car up with water and have DH follow me around.

Brilliant

Definitely sounds like you'll need to be responsible for your own course support!