Beginners and Beyond

SMG Fun Run 2015 and How I got to sub-30. (Read 57 times)

outoftheblue

What a journey you've taken yourself on.  Congrats for making such huge life changes and sticking with it despite the setbacks.  Great job getting to sub-30 as well.   Sly must be a wonderful pacer.   Thanks for sharing.

Life is good.

delicate flower

Jeebus, that is a whoooole lot of "WTF" you've had to deal with.    It's great to see how far you've come.  That marathon looks even more impressive now.

Congrats on the sub-30 5K with room to spare!  And props to Sly for the assist.  Smile

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

PAD did great, I was just there for moral support.

The course has long rolling hills, nothing major but definitely not flat. Enough that given time and the right course PAD could be looking at a sub 29.  It wont be easy, but I have confidence.

SoCal Pete

PADRunner - Would LOVE to include your story in the upcoming book. If you're interested, please email me at: coachmagill@gmail.com ... I'd want to do a quick phone/skype interview followup (probably in about a week). The book will be published spring 2016, and will be available in most bookstores and, naturally, through all online vendors. Thanks!

Pete

Hip Redux

PADRunner - Would LOVE to include your story in the upcoming book. If you're interested, please email me at: coachmagill@gmail.com ... I'd want to do a quick phone/skype interview followup (probably in about a week). The book will be published spring 2016, and will be available in most bookstores and, naturally, through all online vendors. Thanks!

Pete

COOL!

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats on a great race!  (And really, that was a pretty short novel.  More like a novella.  )

And nope, I don't think you're insane for giving running another try after Forteo.  That was my miracle drug, too.  I'm glad it seems to have worked for you!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PAD, you are awesome.  That is all.

music_girl117

This might be my favorite RR that I have ever read on here.  Way to go PADrunner!!  You easily cleared 30 and I bet you have many more PRs in your future.   Keep up the good work.  And cool of Sly to pace to you.

I understand about being an introvert, and it's obviously your choice completely, but I'd encourage you to consider being interviewed for the book.  You just never know who might pick up that book and see your story and think "hey, maybe I should give that a try....".

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

LRB

You are the epitome of perseverance, very inspiring!

LRB

As an aside, I actually thought I posted in this already.