Beginners and Beyond

Steamtown Marathon RD is a little nutty (Read 84 times)

Little Blue

I don't understand why a delayed start would make all the guys have to pee.  What would they have done if the start was on time, wait until mile 2?

hog4life

We have a RD here for one of our tail races that has a very similar sense of humor. Always nice to hear encouragement!

Cyberic

I don't understand why a delayed start would make all the guys have to pee.  What would they have done if the start was on time, wait until mile 2?

Smile We always save a little, you know, for trees, and lamp posts. So if we're going to wait anyways (delayed start), why not leave our mark?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Nervous urge, not physical necessity.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

This is my hometown marathon and I remember similar emails fondly from a few years ago.  I take it you're running?  Best of luck to you and enjoy beautiful northeast PA! Smile

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Hip Redux

This is my hometown marathon and I remember similar emails fondly from a few years ago.  I take it you're running?  Best of luck to you and enjoy beautiful northeast PA! Smile

Not running - my husband had it on his "might do" list and so followed their FB page... and kept sending me the posts because they were so funny!

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Not running - my husband had it on his "might do" list and so followed their FB page... and kept sending me the posts because they were so funny!

Oh okay!  It's a pretty great race.  A big net downhill and it usually yields good times and a lot of BQ's.  And it's not a super huge marathon--I think the news update in the local paper this morning said about 2,500 runners.  I did it in 2010 and my neighbor is part of the medical team at the end of the race and it's always well organized.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Cyberic

MTA: OOps, deleted the post and posted it in the dailies instead, where it belongs.

Hip Redux

The final one!

Greetings Runners!

Outstanding job today. You all looked very handsome when you crossed the finish line.

Just got home from a great post-race party at which I watched dozens of green shirted runners arm-dance their way through the night. The horror. It was kind of like Irish Step Dancers meet the Walking Dead. There are some things you just can't un-remember.

A few quick updates:

Results - They are up. Here is a link:http://steamtownmarathon.com/5.html

If your name is missing please ASAP send us your name, bib number, and approximate finish time and we will contact our timing and scoring vendor and ask them to fix things.

Age Group Awards - There were about 50 unclaimed age group awards. We will be mailing them.

Shirt Size Goofs - We understand that some of you were given the wrong shirt size at packet pick up. For example, men who requested xtra large were given a women's small shirt (long story). If this unspeakable thing happened to you, please send an e-mail to racecommittee@hotmail.com and we will ask our shirt vendor to make things right.

Photos - Photos of you crossing the finish and at other points on the course should be live by Wednesday at runphotos.com (unless you are a vampire).

All for now. I better go take a shower because when I came home, I took off my hat and my hair was a triangle. Plus, my beagle fainted. Will send you one more wrap up e-mail in a few days when the other shoe drops - and yes, it always does.

Thanks again for choosing Steamtown. Enjoy walking downstairs backwards for the next three days.

Jim Cummings

Fragrant Assistant Race Director

Little Blue

That's hillarious!

Cyberic

Perfect