Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES & Them (Read 39 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Butt (piriformis) and hamstring are still pulling some, but I am able to run a bit. Tuesday, out at Lackland in the PM - dang, it was HUMID - and had to walk a bit more than I wanted. 2.9 miles in a very slow 35:18. Thursday at Fort Sam Houston in the PM after all the morning rain we had. Temp dropped though, so felt a bit cooler. Run/walk went a bit better too. Still slow, but 3 miles in 35:24. Not even close yet to being back where I was before I pulled this stuff; but for now I will just be happy I can do any running at all. One thing about Fort Sam...the medical center is a huge treatment center for Wounded Warriors; so I love running here - and especially now when I'm injured cuz all I have to do is see one of those people out doing his/her thing, overcoming all he/she went through and that just gives me so much perspective - I really got nothing to complain about compared to these folks. "So, Scottydog", I tell myself, "just just up and run, or just do what you can and quitcher bitchin'!"

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

7 in beautiful sunshine. Last year my left leg was a wreck, this year it's my right foot. There's the Achilles that flares up a couple of times a week and is tight in the morning, I have plantar fasciitis that I figured out a way to handle (Voltaren Emulgel after a run, when necessary), and the pain at the mound of my big toe decided to make a come back a few days ago.

- Mound of the big toe -> stop running in the damn Sauconys

- Fasciitis -> topical anti-inflammatory - stay on the lookout for what makes it worse and not do those things.

- Achilles -> be patient. It's much better than it was.

Cyberic

One thing about Fort Sam...the medical center is a huge treatment center for Wounded Warriors; so I love running here - and especially now when I'm injured cuz all I have to do is see one of those people out doing his/her thing, overcoming all he/she went through and that just gives me so much perspective - I really got nothing to complain about compared to these folks. "So, Scottydog", I tell myself, "just just up and run, or just do what you can and quitcher bitchin'!"

Good point. I do complain here about my aches and pains, but I'm lucky to be out there running pretty much every day.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

- Fasciitis -> topical anti-inflammatory - stay on the lookout for what makes it worse and not do those things.

I know we are all an experiment of one, but I fought it for a few months and wanted to chime in

. When I first got out of the bed in the morning, I hobbled and it hurt pretty bad. Hills and fast running made mine worse.  It seemed to be related to knots/tight calves.  Slow running 40 miles a week, evil message therapy, eccentric heel drops, a frozen water bottle, a golf ball, and a wooden rolling pin had me fixed up in about 3 months.

Or, maybe it was just time that cured me.  I still do the heel drops and rolling pin hard on the calves thing after every run.

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 with 4 sets of 5x1 minute hard, 30 seconds recovery, 2 minutes between sets.

onemile

onemile

7 in beautiful sunshine. Last year my left leg was a wreck, this year it's my right foot. There's the Achilles that flares up a couple of times a week and is tight in the morning, I have plantar fasciitis that I figured out a way to handle (Voltaren Emulgel after a run, when necessary), and the pain at the mound of my big toe decided to make a come back a few days ago.

- Mound of the big toe -> stop running in the damn Sauconys

- Achilles -> be patient. It's much better than it was.

I would be a bit concerned to be facing these issues at the start of a new marathon cycle.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I really wanted to skip my run but 5 done.  And now a couple of martinis to celebrate I'm not as fucking busy than I was this week.  75 hours clocked of work.

Damaris

Cyberic

I would be a bit concerned to be facing these issues at the start of a new marathon cycle.

I am, a bit, but up 'til now I've always managed, so I figure I will this time around too.

Cyberic

I know we are all an experiment of one, but I fought it for a few months and wanted to chime in

. When I first got out of the bed in the morning, I hobbled and it hurt pretty bad. Hills and fast running made mine worse.  It seemed to be related to knots/tight calves.  Slow running 40 miles a week, evil message therapy, eccentric heel drops, a frozen water bottle, a golf ball, and a wooden rolling pin had me fixed up in about 3 months.

Or, maybe it was just time that cured me.  I still do the heel drops and rolling pin hard on the calves thing after every run.

I think the past weeks' speed work, although enjoyable, got my fasciitis worse. I ran easy all week, and probably will do the same next week.

Heel drops have got to be good all year 'round, just like core work is.

I'm still skeptical about rolling and massages and all that stuff.  Ice I don't like but I believe it works, as it gets the swelling down.

Thanks for the information share, I really like having ideas when trying things out to fix myself up.