Beginners and Beyond

The Thursdailies. Some Like it Wet (Read 57 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's good news!

Hi, TakeAHike!

Welcome, TakeAHike!

I wasn't planning to run today but ended up doing 8K on trails.  My calves are feeling OK and I didn't get devoured by any of the wildlife. Big grin  Yay!

Damaris

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Hi Dailies! I don't think I have ever posted in the dailies before, but I'll chime in here.  I am very excited about the relay with Scapp next week.  Between now and then I have a mile race on Sunday with both of my daughters.  This is my last chance to do shorter races for a while, as I will begin marathon training July 1.  Thanks for the shout-out Scapp.  I look forward to meeting you in person next week.

Same!  Big grin

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The weather was worse this afternoon than this morning.  Gusts of 45-55mph.  It was fun to run in that, not.  Then again, SF next week should have nothing compared to this!

Damaris

Buelligan

I had a great 8 mile rain run.  It started raining the very second I started my run.  This was fortuitous because I love running in the rain, but I won't start a run if it's raining.  I don't know why I'm like this, I just am.

LRB

I had a great 8 mile rain run once it was over

FYP!

Great and run in the same sentence is an oxymoron for you.  Everyone knows that, ha!

Happy Birthday from random forumite whose birthday is also Saturday!

Morning! Today is my Friday! My birthday is on Saturday so I took tomorrow off to give myself a long weekend.

6-8 miles on tap after work.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Happy Birthday from random forumite whose birthday is also Saturday!

June 8 is the Best Day Ever! Happy birthday to you too!

Rondog65

Hello All,

Glad to read that all are doing well although a little wet for some.

I ran one of my favorite yearly events today (I have done this for all 7 years this has happened in our area)!!  The Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics.  The torch is run from town to town in approximately 1 mile legs covering approximately 70 miles in total.  Local, federal and state law enforcement along with civilians runs the torch as a fund raiser and to highlight the Special Olympics.  I and 20 other runners assisted in covering 8 miles of the course during ideal weather conditions.  A great time had by all; including serious runners and non runners.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Hello, only happy when it rains dailies:

Marjorie - Tropical sounds warm.  Warm sounds good.

DaveP - great day to you as well

Baboon - excellent that those runs are going well for you

Robert - rest up

D - glad the tornadoes were over

Oski - enjoy the bike ride if you go

Scotty - that membership must work out well, cool stuff

Step - nice workout

Zel - good progress, have fun with the group

MBC - she can probably run a lot faster now

FLA - sweet!  I always thought that Tampa had a force field against storms, maybe it's broken.

April - hooray for early Friday

Kristin79 - oh, that sucks about the email

Rick - ouch, it's always higher than the national average here, but not that high.  Painful.

Scap - so your brother is your wingman?

TakeAHike - hi, good luck at the relay

Zen - always good when your shins remain intact

Buell - "fortuitous" wins the vocabulary dailies

dark streets - hi

Ron - awesome, what a great cause

Downpours all day here, too bad that they weren't tropical in nature.  Luckily the intensity came down a notch just before I started running, and I got in 3 wet loops in the park without seeing a single walker or runner.  That's highly unusual even in the dead of winter.  All the little creeks and streams were roaring, and there were a few places where the road was washed over.

15.3 GA, felt much better than yesterday.

Will run for scenery.

Guess I'll just say Happy Birthday and take care of all the personals at once !

Set out to do 5, but conked out after 4 and walked home.  I think I should try eating a little something if I run this late in the day.

My pace for the 3 "good" miles was around 10, so I guess my TM training at that pace is starting to stick.

Stay dry, if that's your preference !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Did some great running today.  Weather was perfect, not too hot with a slight breeze (at least until the storm rolls in tonight).  Did one run around the lake, one of my favorite places to run.  Best of all, not a peep out of my hip.  Lots of rolling/stretching and slow/easy runs seem to be doing the trick.  I've even been leaving the Garmin at home, since I've found that even when I'm out on an "easy" run, I have a tendency to keep an eye on my pace and then want to hold that pace, whatever it is, instead of just running by feel.  So I've been leaving it at home just to make sure that I keep it extra easy, seems to be working. Smile

Hope everyone has had a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

B-Plus

10 @ 7:56 w/ 6 x 30 sec accelerations. I'm pretty sweaty so core work will have to wait until tomorrow. Today is also my Friday. Actually, I made it into a 4-day weekend! I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow for a sports weekend. MLS on Saturday, and MLB on Sunday!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Late drive-by from me. Got the 5 in I missed yesterday.

Happy birthday to April and dark_streets, and welcome TakeAHike, best of luck to you and scap this weekend!

Hi to everyone else, I've got some dinner to eat.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Hi runners, Hi Dailies!

Happy (late) Thursday!

URD for me today. I ended up at work for 14 hours today and just didn't feel like running at the end of the day. So I had a drink and I'm heading for bed shortly. The plan is to go long tomorrow. That's the plan anyway. We'll see how I feel in the AM.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

Welcome, TakeAHike!

I wasn't planning to run today but ended up doing 8K on trails.  My calves are feeling OK and I didn't get devoured by any of the wildlife. Big grin  Yay!

I saw the perfect meme for you on Facebook today - but I'm no good at the technology involved in downloading/uploading/linking photos on here. :P

It was a great big ol' grizzly coming out of the trees: "Oh, you aren't a runner?  .... You are now!"

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.