Beginners and Beyond

Clingy ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

How did the appointment go PleasantRidge?

I checked out fine on the physical, other than my BP was 152/92 and my pulse was 44.  The nurse got confused Smile.

The Dr gave me clonidine to take as needed for the BP.  I go back in a week to go over the blood work and see what to do about the BP in the long term.  I'm sure it's stress related, and time will help work things out as well.

He said I can run all I want.

Thanks for asking.

Runner with a riding problem.

Brilliant

I have gone to the restroom while that sign is on.  One time, I think I went like 5 minutes after takeoff.  It was still going up but I really couldn't wait any longer.  That's what they get for keeping us on the tarmac on a conga line of planes.

Have you seen the advice that you should drink at least 8 oz of water for every hour you fly?  Are they kidding?  I'd never leave the lav if I took that advice.  48 oz between here and Hawaii, yikes!

LRB

Boom.

LRB

A coworker (who is a non-runner) commented today how the heat and humidity leaves her feeling weak and without energy. Hearing that actually made me feel good. lol

DavePNW

Have you seen the advice that you should drink at least 8 oz of water for every hour you fly?  Are they kidding?  I'd never leave the lav if I took that advice.  48 oz between here and Hawaii, yikes!

I was in a middle seat in a 5-across section on a 14-hour flight from Tokyo to Detroit. Of course the two people on both sides of me slept like babies virtually the entire flight, and I slept zero. I intentionally restricted my fluid intake to avoid having to climb over them to go.

Dave

LRB

I was in a middle seat in a 5-across section on a 14-hour flight from Tokyo to Detroit. Of course the two people on both sides of me slept like babies virtually the entire flight, and I slept zero. I intentionally restricted my fluid intake to avoid having to climb over them to go.

You should start running marathons on some of these trips, you could break a record for the number of international races run or some shit. Plus, it's company paid for ffs.

Just let us know when your next business trip is, we'll do all the work. You just have to show up, and race.

DavePNW

You should start running marathons on some of these trips, you could break a record for the number of international races run or some shit. Plus, it's company paid for ffs.

Just let us know when your next business trip is, we'll do all the work. You just have to show up, and race.

You think I can put the registration fee on expense account?

Anyway, some of those flights are marathons already, ffs.

Dave

onemile

I checked out fine on the physical, other than my BP was 152/92 and my pulse was 44.  The nurse got confused Smile.

The Dr gave me clonidine to take as needed for the BP.  I go back in a week to go over the blood work and see what to do about the BP in the long term.  I'm sure it's stress related, and time will help work things out as well.

Thanks for asking.

Would your high blood pressure explain the symptoms you've been having?

You have been running less because you haven't been feeling good, not because you were afraid it was risky, right?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

You have been running less because you haven't been feeling good, not because you were afraid it was risky, right?

The Dr seems to think the stress and anxiety that are most likely elevating my BP are probably responsible for the lack of normal energy..  I won't bore you with details, but the last few months we have been dealing with an intense family situation.  Unless the blood results show something, I'll accept his opinion.

Running out of energy after just a few minutes made me a little apprehensive of pushing it, but I'm tired of 3.3 miles.  I'll try harder.

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

The Dr seems to think the stress and anxiety that are most likely elevating my BP are probably responsible for the lack of normal energy..  I won't bore you with details, but the last few months we have been dealing with an intense family situation.  Unless the blood results show something, I'll accept his opinion.

Running out of energy after just a few minutes made me a little apprehensive of pushing it, but I'm tired of 3.3 miles.  I'll try harder.

Well my recommendation is to run whatever you feel like running, or not. There should certainly be no pressure from your miles game team (not that there ever should have been), because we continue to hover near the bottom of the standings anyway.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks for asking.

I am glad the BP below went down to 92>  That's still bad but not death bad.  And take it.  BTW, I went through this and denied it for a while.  Once you have high BP, it's not an illness you can get cured of.  Stress does not raise the BP that high, but if he thinks it is, then go with what he said.  Or so my husband doctor told me for a year.  Just take your meds and start feeling better.  I'll ask my husband about the med.  Some wreck the running endurance, so hoping that's not one of them (I'll ask him).  BTW, amlodipine (Norvasc) is what I take and it didn't wreck mine.  Keep that in mind when you talk to your doctor next week.

And sorry to sound like an ass, good luck next week!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes.  At least I had similar ones than him.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, hubby felt guilty for making me miss Iceland and I am now registered for a marathon near my birthday in Cali.  Woot!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

The guy in the middle seat fell asleep.  And snored so loudly I could hear him over the sound of the engine.  

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

Went out to dinner with DH and some friends. Should have been a bad sign that the sign said "new menu".  New, but not improved. And I don't think the service could have been slower had they strapped the plates to turtles. Came home & did strength training.

I take the middle seat on planes. I get motion sick looking out the window and DH is 6'2" and likes the aisle for slightly more leg room. I intentionally stop drinking water the evening before, or reduce it a lot. I can make 2 hours without a pee break at best. I'm great fun on car trips.