Beginners and Beyond

That Extra Mile ThursDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I drove to 4 separate Panera's looking for a cinnamon crunch bagel the night before my last HM. Smile

8 this morning after I'm pretty sure I slept through a migraine.  Now I feel really weird, but at least I have a 14 hour workday ahead of me. Smile

In other news, we're on the verge of Armageddon in my household now that the Cardinals (my team) and Cubs (wife's team) are playing in the postseason.  One of us is going to have to move out for a week.

Thanks for reminding me I need to buy Krispy Kremes tomorrow.  We fly out too early to find them Saturday.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Apparently, a glass pane shattered on a sky walk above a cliff in China, which is exactly why you will not catch my chicken ass on anything like that!

I got laughed at in Vegas once because *I* laughed at the thought of riding them two rides atop the Stratosphere. Seriously dude, FTS. I could barely even look down let alone walk near the edge of the glass viewing area they had. And there was no way in hell I was going outside up there. Zero.

You can laugh at me all you want, here I'll help you; LOL

The same thing happen at the Sears Tower (or however it's called now).  That shit does not scare me anyway, I would still hop on it.  The one in Chicago, hell no I wouldn't go atop one made in China.

Damaris

DavePNW

In other news, we're on the verge of Armageddon in my household now that the Cardinals (my team) and Cubs (wife's team) are playing in the postseason.  One of us is going to have to move out for a week.

You definitely married up.

Dave

DavePNW

Too fast = faster than you? 

I think I run my easy runs slower (relatively) than most people.

YES. 

Anyway - are you running double-digit weekday easy runs? I have not typically done many of those, it's usually only the Hansons Tues-Thurs business, which later in the cycle are not possible to do without getting well into the double digits. They don't bother me that much because I assume I am getting something out of them. (As much as I get out of any of my damn training.) And it's hard to get to 60+ mpw without them.

Dave

onemile

Anyway - are you running double-digit weekday easy runs? I have not typically done many of those, it's usually only the Hansons Tues-Thurs business, which later in the cycle are not possible to do without getting well into the double digits. They don't bother me that much because I assume I am getting something out of them. (As much as I get out of any of my damn training.) And it's hard to get to 60+ mpw without them.

Nah. A couple easy 10 milers and that's it.

bluerun

Super B****

You people are making me feel SO glad I didn't register for Chicago.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

cjones1

You definitely married up.

Well, yes I did, but certainly not because of that. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

My legs and glutes are so sore and tired. I don't know how those of you who do, run double digit mileage runs during the week.

Clearly, I am not in your league.

I love double digit runs before work.  Gimme 4 or 5 of them please.  But, I'm going to take 2 hours+, or I'm not going to be able to do a Saturday long run.  If I had to run them faster,  they would be maybe 6 miles.

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

Husband comes back tomorrow night so I'll be able to stop panicking and running around like a crazy person all day - back to early morning runs and calm(ish) work days! Got in 9 miles at work today, first long-ish run since pre-broken toe! Big grin It was lovely and I'll try for 10 for next weekend's long run.

LRB

I love double digit runs before work.  Gimme 4 or 5 of them please.  But, I'm going to take 2 hours+, or I'm not going to be able to do a Saturday long run.  If I had to run them faster,  they would be maybe 6 miles.

You're good at what you do. I'm good at not being good at what you do. lol

My MLR today is an attempt to get me north of 60 for the third time in as many weeks, doing it three different ways; 6 days with a long run, 7 days with a quality run, and 6 days with a MLR and a long run.

A lot of runners can roll out of bed and run 60 miles without much effort, but it doesn't come as easy for me. As such I thought variety would be good to keep my body guessing, so I came up with this stupid idea.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

My MLR today is an attempt to get me north of 60 for the third time in as many weeks, doing it three different ways; 6 days with a long run, 7 days with a quality run, and 6 days with a MLR and a long run.

A lot of runners can roll out of bed and run 60 miles without much effort, but it doesn't come as easy for me. As such I thought variety would be good to keep my body guessing, so I came up with this stupid idea.

If I had your speed, I wouldn't care about running 60+ weeks. I'd run whatever I felt good about, and in a haughty-as-fuck-way.  I need 80 mile weeks to go sub 2:00 in a half FFS.  It's a good thing I like double digit runs.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

If I had your speed, I wouldn't care about running 60+ weeks. I'd run whatever I felt good about, and in a haughty-as-fuck-way.  I need 80 mile weeks to go sub 2:00 in a half FFS.  It's a good thing I like double digit runs.

Uh, hopefully sub 2:00 in a half.  I can't be haughty, or the running gods will smite my ass.

onemile

I find it easier to do double digit runs as part of workouts.  But then, running 60 mpw of easy runs is different than running 60mpw with workouts.  The first half dozen 60 mile weeks I ran, I had to slow my pace down to like 10:00 to be able to hack it.

DavePNW

You have been a mileage machine lately. Let's see it pay off.

Dave

onemile

I'm not as fast as LRB, but I feel like my speed was hard fought through a lot of hard workouts.  It just didn't come out of nowhere.