Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Talking about the scale, I have lost 16lbs.  I am flabbergasted.  After being taking meds for so long and always saying it's the meds!  it's nice to see I was fucking right!  getting off meds was just icing on the cake. Smile

Damaris

Cyberic

The sapphire white/rose gold tone

Great choice!

Hope your hip gets fixed soon. I obviously have no idea what's a disaligned hip. You think the Myrtl routine hip exercises would help? (Link in useful links sticky thread)

LRB

I'm not running now anyway 

Oh my, I hadn't noticed. Sorry. If there were such a thing as an idea time for being off from running though, it's now. Not that that helps things but it's in my nature to seek the silver lining.

Italiana626

The Latecomer

8.1 miles after work. Not necessarily slow AF, but I'm definitely tired AF. 6th consecutive day of running, and my 2nd week of 6 running days. This is my attempt at normalizing 50 mile weeks. Oof. Glad tomorrow is a SRD.

LRB

8.1 miles after work. Not necessarily slow AF, but I'm definitely tired AF. 6th consecutive day of running, and my 2nd week of 6 running days. This is my attempt at normalizing 50 mile weeks. Oof. Glad tomorrow is a SRD.

lol - That's all about right, so you've got that going for you. lol

onemile

Great choice!

Hope your hip gets fixed soon. I obviously have no idea what's a disaligned hip. You think the Myrtl routine hip exercises would help? (Link in useful links sticky thread)

I can't imagine doing an exercise with it would help. The chiro pretty much fixed the misalignment but I am still feeling pain in my hip flexor with every step (it feels different now than when that leg was off though- not so much in the joint and more in the front and outside of that hip)

I tried running on it a couple times last week and if I can hobble through 3-ish miles, it stops hurting much. But those 3 miles are pretty unpleasant.

DavePNW

It alternates between feeling like it's getting better and me thinking something's seriously wrong and I may never run again 

Ugh. That sucks. I think we all know the feeling. I really hope you figure things out soon. Right now I am feeling like my best running is all behind me, and it's all downhill from here.

I am still in the mode of hoping things get better on their own with the hamstring. Really fast, since MRT starts next week, lol. So will need to test capability of any speed and/or distance. Oh and I guess I have to figure out a plan at some point. Actually I will probably just go with what I used last time, but probably keep things on the low end of the suggested ranges for each run. And need to tweak things since I built in some races that I won't be doing this time around.

Actually I still have a half on 3/10 that I already signed up for (before I got injured). Not sure whether I will be ready to race it. Maybe just make it a LR? It will be hard to show up and not race.

Dave

DavePNW

I can't imagine doing an exercise with it would help. The chiro pretty much fixed the misalignment but I am still feeling pain in my hip flexor with every step (it feels different now than when that leg was off though- not so much in the joint and more in the front and outside of that hip)

I tried running on it a couple times last week and if I can hobble through 3-ish miles, it stops hurting much. But those 3 miles are pretty unpleasant.

Yeah running on it seems like maybe a bad idea. I've had things that took me 1-2 miles to get worked out, but 3 sounds excessive.

I agree exercising it may be counterproductive unless you really know what you're doing.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope it gets better soon, onemile. Sad

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hope it gets better Onemile.

Cyberic

Maybe throw in a 5 days week next week, and get back to a few 6ers after that?

Cyberic

I agree exercising it may be counterproductive unless you really know what you're doing.

Oh! I didn't realize we had to know what we're doing. Damn. Guess I won't be doing much from now on.

onemile

Oh! I didn't realize we had to know what we're doing. Damn. Guess I won't be doing much from now on.

I think what he means is you can further aggravate an injury by trying to do an exercise if you aren't careful, especially a strain..

DavePNW

I think what he means is you can further aggravate an injury by trying to do an exercise if you aren't careful, especially a strain..

Yes.

Dave

Cyberic

I know that's what he was saying. My humor is often not understood. Even in French. Because it was an attempt at self-deprecating humor, and not an insulted "well sooo-rrry" answer.

Whatever. In my head, I'm still a funny guy.