Beginners and Beyond

wakey wakey Wednesdailies (Read 37 times)

KCRuns

Sort of. I work in a school program, but technically work for a healthcare provider. We follow what Baltimore City schools do for weather closings for the school program, even though we are not a part of their system. In the 10+ years I've worked there, I think the whole company has been closed maybe 5 times, usually it takes feet of snow or travel restrictions into the city.  I get a set number of snow days, which most years is enough. If I worked in any other department, I'd have to show up at work, so I'm not complaining the few times I have to use vacation time for snow.

Ah, that makes more sense!

Coastal

sDWhiskers:  I'm not a fan of loose dogs, either.  I've had enough run-ins that I now carry pepper spray.  Haven't yet had to use it (fingers crossed and knocking on wood) but I've had several incidents where fast dance moves and a strategic kick have saved me.  The ones that explode out of nowhere are the worst.  No time to prepare or do anything to intimidate them.

KCRuns:  Do you have to make up days when the school staff have to?

5 miles on the TM.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Coastal, I work year round, so no make ups for me. As a school, we make up every snow day, so those working with kids on a more typical school calendar do have to make it up.