Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES - It Can't Get Any Worse, Can It? (Read 248 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone...I'm a little late to the party, but got 10.11 easy miles in this morning.  It was one of those wet, misty runs that seem to be so common this time of year.  I did see a massive raccoon on the run.  I was a little freaked out because he didn't move at all when I passed.  And, of course, he was right where my run loops back, so I had to pass him twice.  I definitely gave a wide berth while crossing his path, and was thankful that the run didn't turn into a run for my life tempo run.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

VelvetCactus

5 miles easy.  My arm  is still in a sling from spraining my elbow last week.

Mel

Ami, jedigunnie26.2, Tom, Kristin, Pinktastic, enjoy your rest day.

Gustav, what are you planning to do at the gym?

Baboon, you're not old.

Damaris, Lily, Heidi, lilac_jive, FlippyNoodle, AprilRunner, enjoy your runs.

scottydawg, I hope your appointment with the doctor goes well.

c0derunner, enjoy whatever you do.

Buelligan, pizza, yum...

Hilary, I'm so happy you're able to run and enjoy itSmile

B-Plus, great run!

outoftheblue, have a great workout.

stupidlazydog, I agree, a hot shower right after running in the cold feels fantastic.

neverrow, that's an excellent goal. I should keep that in mind for myself, since my easy/recovery runs these past few weeks have felt too short.

Damaris, I'm happy that your appointment with the doctor left you happy.

So_Im_a_Runner, I'm relieved that there was no problem with the racoon.

Mel, feel better soon.

My VFFs were drenched by the rain on my way to work. So, I have to run in regular running shoes tonight:/

Oh, and I wish that I were able to break texts into paragraphs when posting from my phone.

YAYpril - B-Plus

2 treadmill miles done followed by a little ITB rehab/hip strengthening. Depending on how my evening goes, I'd like to do a little bit of yoga. I put a new yoga channel on my Roku box over the weekend so I want to try one of the sessions and see how I like it.

Purple Toes

5.2 slowish miles. The snow plow guy was kind enough to leave a really nice path on the shoulder to run on. Unfortunately that was not enough to stop klutzy me from rolling my ankle--not because it was slippery but because I was gawking at the tow truck pulling out a car that ended up stuck in a cornfield. No harm, feels fine.

have a nice evening everyone!

Jess runs for bacon

5.2 slowish miles. The snow plow guy was kind enough to leave a really nice path on the shoulder to run on. Unfortunately that was not enough to stop klutzy me from rolling my ankle--not because it was slippery but because I was gawking at the tow truck pulling out a car that ended up stuck in a cornfield. No harm, feels fine.

have a nice evening everyone!

Make sure you ice and rest it anyway. I've rolled before and it didn't hurt until a few hours later.

Purple Toes

Make sure you ice and rest it anyway. I've rolled before and it didn't hurt until a few hours later.

Thanks lilac.  You're right--I shouldn't take that for granted. Will go seek out the ice machine stat Smile

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

My VFFs were drenched by the rain on my way to work. So, I have to run in regular running shoes tonight:/

Do you wear them all the time?  I'm intrigued......

Ouch, Purple Toes, I hope it's not serious. MtBikerChk, I do wear VFFs all the time. They're my everyday shoes. I also wear them on my easy runs. Regular running shoes are reserved for my long runs and quarter-mile repeats.
                    Robert31320

Team TJ

I rocked a REST DAY today.  Well actually just worked...

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jess runs for bacon

4 easy miles on the TM done. I watched half of The Hunchback of Notre Dame while I was running and man the miles flew by. I think I need to watch musical movies while on the TM more often! I ran at  a decline for the run since I'm still a little sore from Saturday which helped a lot.

Robert, I'm glad you're enjoying your rest day. lilac_jive, great job getting the run done.

Mmmmm...beer

2.5 miles to keep the streak alive, busy day so I'll take what I can get.  Such a tease tho, I was just barely getting warmed up!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

4.0 miles on the TM done at 5.2mph (11:32).
                              0:00-5:00 at a 2.0 incline
                              5:00-10:00 at a 3.0 incline
                              10:00-13:00 at a 2.0 incline
                              13:00-18:00 at a 4.0 incline
                              18:00-21:00 at a 2.0 incline
                              21:00-26:00 at a 5.0 incline
                              26:00-29:00 at a 1.0 incline
                              29:00-34:00 at a 6.0 incline
                              The rest of the 4.0 miles at a 1.0 incline

Jess runs for bacon

4.0 miles on the TM done at 5.2mph (11:32).
                                0:00-5:00 at a 2.0 incline 5:00-10:00 at a 3.0 incline
                                10:00-13:00 at a 2.0 incline 13:00-18:00 at a 4.0 incline
                                18:00-21:00 at a 2.0 incline 21:00-26:00 at a 5.0 incline
                                26:00-29:00 at a 1.0 incline 29:00-34:00 at a 6.0 incline
                                The rest of the 4.0 miles at a 1.0 incline.

Man I started mine at -3 and worked up to level. I think you are doing it right!