Beginners and Beyond

Scheduled for a prostate biopsy.. a bit nervous... (Read 36 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oh, don't know if I told you guys...but my PSA number has been high now for about a year or so.  Urologist had me doing tests every few months and it's not coming down.  So I am scheduled for a prostate biopsy on Aug 14th.  Better safe than sorry.  I am feeling pretty healthy and running well, no problems, etc.   I get a 'gut feeling' this is not cancer - and the urologist agrees with me, but wants to do a check to be sure; he said, aside from cancer, there can be multiple reasons for a high PSA count - even exercise can make it go up; and also - what HE suspects it is - there could be a bit of inflammation in the prostate, which he said is totally normal for people at my age (63) and not life-threatening.  He did do a check - gotta love the digital exam  - and my prostate is only slightly enlarged which, again, is quite normal for a guy in his 60s.

Anyway, nags at the back of my mind a bit, but all-in-all I'm feeling pretty good overall and will just deal with things as they come. Keep some good thoughts for me, and thanks.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I remember reading about it on your FB. Wishing you all the best!

Damaris

delicate flower

Good luck, Scotty!!

<3

onemile

Hope it's not the bad thing.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good luck!

Zelanie

Hopefully the procedure well set your mind at ease so you won't have to worry about it any more!

Best of luck!  I hope it's nothing serious.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That can be a real pain in the a$$.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

Sending good thoughts, Scotty! Hope it's nothing serious.

workinprogress11

Best wishes for a negative result. It is good to be proactive but it can be nerve wracking as well.

GinnyinPA

Good luck Scott.  The hard part now will be waiting until the 14th to get it done.  That's a lot of time to worry.