Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Splits Tuesday (Read 15 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Banana Splits that is!  Today is Banana Splits Day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Supposed to get some major rain in the PM in San Antonio - yeah, right, we'll see if that happens or not - so up this morning at 5 a.m. and off to the YMCA.  Explored a 'new' neighborhood around the Y and got in 3.5 miles on an EXCELLENT run/walk, felt great the whole way even though the temp was already 75 degrees, the humidity near 90% and the dewpoint in the 70s.  Also encountered two folks out walking their dogs and handed out treats to these very friendly dogs.  After that, they wanted to go with me instead of going with their humans, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Scotty!!  Laughing at the dogs who wanted to follow the treats!!

I did get out for a run last night, woo-hoo!!  Felt good, but I have quite the achy knee this morning (dangit!) despite icing, so I'll see how the day goes.  In theory, I'd want to run again tonight, but I might try the bike instead.  It's a little less demanding on my knee, although MUCH more demanding on my nerves!!

From yesterday:  Ginny, it was work training, and wedding anniversary. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Hey Scotty!  Sounds like another new route, nice!

Morning, HsM!

I had a lovely run last night.  Now I have some errands to do, then I will go with DD to meet a possible photographer for senior portraits.  So, it will be a late run for me again tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates and 6 but having dinner with Marjorie after Pilates so it might be just an RD.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Ooh, enjoy the FE!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Morning pens!

Took my kitty Nan (avi pic) to the vet - wept like a baby when I saw the computer screen in the exam room listing my pets with the little grayed-out "Scrambles" tab at the bottom :*C Nothing major for Nan though - she's an FHV kitty, needed a round of antibiotics for yet another minor upper respiratory infection that she hasn't been able to shake with just lysine supplements.

Yesterday was an hour in the pool and weights, then I walked 2.5 miles/just over 40 minutes last night with a couple 1-minute jogs. Right after dinner so the walk was fine but the jog intervals were not so fun Tight lipped Heading to the pool with the kid now, I'll get in my workout while she's in the child care area and then she'll join me when I'm done, and I'll walk/jog again tonight after husband gets home.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Scotty, sounds like a nice run this morning.  I see so many dogs on my usual trail that I don't think I could carry enough treats. Big grin

HopesMom, yay for running!

Zel, have a great day!

Damaris, have fun tonight!

Lauren, glad Nan is fine.

AFM - 4.3 done.  It was already muggy out there; we are having another heat wave this week, ugh.  I started college again yesterday  taking my little hobby classes.  This morning I'm headed for beginning drawing which I might end up dropping because I have zero natural artistic talent.  (I'm just taking it because it's a prerequisite for floral painting which I want to take next, so I have to decide how bad I want THAT).  Then later I have orientation for my Spanish level 3 class.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Doing battle with the coffee withdrawal headache from hell. I'd normally take ibuprofen but it is an NSAID and I'm trying to avoid those as well for the sake of my tummy. Today will probably be an unscheduled rest day but if the pounding subsides maybe I'll try to do something short (like 2 miles easy).  My tummy is feeling a lot better at least so maybe this hell will be worth it in the end.  I'm worried about taking too much time off of marathon training but I really could not train with my tummy like that.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)