Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 37 times)

onemile

What's at issue? Daylight? (or lack thereof)

No, daylight is why I am thinking I could do them outside.  I finally have light for most of my run now.  I don't have time to drive to an outside track though. So it would be on a mostly flat road.  ?

LRB

I think I'm in the infant stages of becoming a germophobe.

LRB

No, daylight is why I am thinking I could do them outside.  I finally have light for most of my run now.  I don't have time to drive to an outside track though. So it would be on a mostly flat road.  ?

Ooh, sweet. Absolutely, get out if you can!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I am planning to do some 400's tonight. Trying to decide if I should do them on the road or at the indoor track...

Are you back 100%? That bug is nasty.

8 mile and core work for me, but that is later.

Have a good weekend.

onemile

Ooh, sweet. Absolutely, get out if you can!

That's what I'm thinking.

onemile

Are you back 100%? That bug is nasty.

Not exactly. I am coughing yet.  Fine while running but when I stop I have a major coughing attack.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Not exactly. I am coughing yet.  Fine while running but when I stop I have a major coughing attack.

That's about where I am. It started with a dry cough, turned into flu, and now I have had this phlegm cough for a week. At least we can run.

onemile

That's about where I am. It started with a dry cough, turned into flu, and now I have had this phlegm cough for a week. At least we can run.

Yeah, last week I had no energy for it.

FYI, almond butter blows peanut butter out of the water, and I am glad we all agree on that.

FYP.

Dave

LRB

FYP.

If one were inclined to test that supposition, what brand would you suggest? (not that I believe it to be so, but I have heard it so much that I am ready to put the issue to bed)

onemile

8 miles with 12 x .25 miles and 1 min recoveries.  It was about 30 degrees and the wind wasn't awful so I ran them on the road.

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 8 with 8 x 3 minutes at 5k effort. Last one was a little rough--uphill and wind, not a good combo.

LRB, try the Maranatha brand almond butter. The Aldi store brand is fine too. I also really like cashew butter, but it usually costs more.

workinprogress11

8 miles with 12 x .25 miles and 1 min recoveries.  It was about 30 degrees and the wind wasn't awful so I ran them on the road.

Nice!

6 miles for me.

try the Maranatha brand almond butter. 

+1. People also rave about Justin's, but that's (even) more expensive. If you do get that one, get the maple flavor.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

+1. People also rave about Justin's, but that's (even) more expensive. If you do get that one, get the maple flavor.

+1.

Whole foods had dark chocolate almond butter. Probably negates the health benefits of the almonds when you eat a half jar in one sitting.