Beginners and Beyond

Hot Pants ThursDAILIES (Read 31 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

They're running shorts ffs, they're just red.

Nice 

But I agree with onemile.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dorian and I went for a hike at John James Audubon, we did 4 miles in 1:33:12, not bad even with him going through this phase of wanting to hold my hand even on the trails................ pretty fucking difficult on single track trails 

Beautiful weather today..... sunny and in the mid 70's.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Runshortii

I went out to run 5 and ran 10.3 instead . My long run was supposed to be 11 miles on Saturday, but since I decided at the last minute to do the Ragner relay I wanted to get my LR in today, and figured I could afford to cut .70 out since I'm going to be running 15 miles between tomorrow morning and Saturday morning 

onemile

I went out to run 5 and ran 10.3 instead . My long run was supposed to be 11 miles on Saturday, but since I decided at the last minute to do the Ragner relay I wanted to get my LR in today, and figured I could afford to cut .70 out since I'm going to be running 15 miles between tomorrow morning and Saturday morning 

I did that Ragnar... in 2012 or 2013?  It was alright. Expensive. We rented a van. I didn't know the people on my team that well - I suppose it would have been more fun with a group of friends.  Some of the legs, at night, I was running completely by myself. A couple people on my team got lost at points.

LRB

lol

How cool. I wouldn't mind being a part of something like that...of course with my broken ass bag of bones, I'd likely get injured and hurt the team worse than if they ran it short-handed.

LRB

I did that Ragnar... in 2012 or 2013?  It was alright. Expensive. We rented a van. I didn't know the people on my team that well - I suppose it would have been more fun with a group of friends.  Some of the legs, at night, I was running completely by myself. A couple people on my team got lost at points.

So pretty much a one and done type of thing?

onemile

So pretty much a one and done type of thing?

Yeah, I would say I have zero interest in doing it again.

It's pretty hyped up but I essentially ran 5 miles three times within a 24 hour period.....

and slept in a van. Yup. And paid over $200 to do it (entrance fee, van rental, fuel )

I was in the same situation as runshortii- asked by a coworker to fill in for an injured party. but I had a lot more notice ahead of time

Runshortii

If I had to pay I probably wouldn't. She's covering it since someone dropped so that's nice.  I only know the girl I work with lol so we'll see. Gosh hopefully I don't get lost 

onemile

If I had to pay I probably wouldn't. She's covering it since someone dropped so that's nice.  I only know the girl I work with lol so we'll see. Gosh hopefully I don't get lost 

Well, maybe I would do it if it were free.

Yeah I only knew the guy I worked with. But everyone else was nice enough and we always found a place to cheer each person on during their leg.

My legs were marked well enough and I didn't have a problem, I think a sign had gotten turned around or something?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7.75, sigh.  My TM stopped and it restarts when reset but it dies every 0.25.  I made it to 7.75 by trying to fix it, running, trying to fix it, running, but it does not work. Not sure what I'll do on Sunday when we come back from PR (probably not run at all), but at least I have 1-2 runs in PR on the hotel TM and I have the gym at work while Sole sends me the parts and I can find the technician and make an appointment.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Getting ready for the long drive to Birmingham.

Wondering why I do this shit.

There will be much pain.

good luck!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

They're running shorts ffs, they're just red.

At least you can pull it off....I'd look like a big red spud in those things, lol....

LRB

7.75, sigh.  My TM stopped and it restarts when reset but it dies every 0.25.  I made it to 7.75 by trying to fix it, running, trying to fix it, running, but it does not work. Not sure what I'll do on Sunday when we come back from PR (probably not run at all), but at least I have 1-2 runs in PR on the hotel TM and I have the gym at work while Sole sends me the parts and I can find the technician and make an appointment.

Unplug it?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did an easy 3.5 miles around the campus this morning of the university where I work.

Starting to get hot again here in San Antonio area - consistent 90s and up now until around 8 pm - so I've been getting up early and getting my miles done in the morning.    This morning it felt pretty 'fresh' and was nice, as the humidity was only 54% and the dew point was pretty low too.  Be nice if it stayed that well all summer; but I know by July, even at 4 a.m. here, it will be in the 70s and up already.  Living in Miami, I am sure Damaris can relate - and probably has it even worse.  At least here, we do get the occasional cool summer day.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 easy.