Beginners and Beyond

Here are the Tuesdailies (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We keep the AC around 77 too. Heat is 64-68, depending on the time.

On the rare day we need the heater (hours, maybe?), we put it at 74F.  We used to put it lower but the downstairs would get too hot.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran 5 with 6 x ( 2 laps@3K + 3 laps@MP ) continuous. 1 lap = 193m.

KCRuns

I've been stressed out all morning, but 5.75 TM miles during lunch helped A LOT. I completely zoned out for the first half and it was bliss, I could feel the stress falling away.  The second half was a little harder and I noticed my legs felt heavy.  But I cranked up my music, zoned out again and felt much better by the end.  Now I'm back at work, only a couple of emails came in while I was gone, so I'm hoping for a relatively stress-free afternoon Smile

I do have to say though, that questionable decisions were made in the design of the new gym, especially in the locker rooms.  For starters, and this will slowly drive me insane, when they moved the lockers from the old space to the new one, they did not put them in numerical order.  What kind of person would do that and think it's okay?!?

I've been stressed out all morning, but 5.75 TM miles during lunch helped A LOT. I completely zoned out for the first half and it was bliss, I could feel the stress falling away.  The second half was a little harder and I noticed my legs felt heavy.  But I cranked up my music, zoned out again and felt much better by the end.  Now I'm back at work, only a couple of emails came in while I was gone, so I'm hoping for a relatively stress-free afternoon Smile

I do have to say though, that questionable decisions were made in the design of the new gym, especially in the locker rooms.  For starters, and this will slowly drive me insane, when they moved the lockers from the old space to the new one, they did not put them in numerical order.  What kind of person would do that and think it's okay?!?

That's unacceptable.  And stupid.  And we should hunt this person down and make them count to 100 repeatedly.  That would make me so mad too!

KCRuns

That's unacceptable.  And stupid.  And we should hunt this person down and make them count to 100 repeatedly.  That would make me so mad too!

I've seen their work and think they would fail.  Worse, they wouldn't know that they failed or understand why we hate them.  Stupid people suck.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've seen their work and think they would fail.  Worse, they wouldn't know that they failed or understand why we hate them.  Stupid people suck.

Then they will have to start over and over until they can count to 100 properly!

That would make my head explode.  Who does that?

Damaris

RunningOnSand

I shouldn't mention my AC at home is always at 77F when I run on the TM.  My husband, fearful from the cold...

What? How?!

RunningOnSand

I would die.

Me too.

We set our heat to 70 (keep in mind it's in the negatives for a solid month or two in the winter!).

RunningOnSand

What???! That boggles my mind. why WOULDN'T you????

LM & LRB, b/c of you two, I am now wanting to open a bottle of wine. It's 3:17. Sigh. I'll have to wait a few more hours. LM, your post about you hating the world had me cracking up. You're a great writer. Big grin Sorry it was such a sucky hot run. Enjoy your SRD.

I did 6.1 on the TM and was cracking up watching BCS. That show is brilliant.

RunningWithMyDog

Good afternoon.

I'm still trying to follow doctor's orders to rest the knee.  But I did sneak in 2 km this morning, running the puppy for 2 laps around the block.

I'm a pouty little nightmare to be around due to my lack of exercise, but at least I had a little smile on my face this morning, knowing that sooner or later, I'll have a furry buddy to run with.

Runshortii

I’m always cold. Always.

I ran 8 with 3x1 mile repeats with half mile recovery . Goal was 6:30. They sucked ass. Splits were like 6:52,6:37 and 6:43. But I have a head cold and my face is on fire and 3 weeks ago I couldn’t even run 1K repeats at a sub 7 pace so whatever. My calf was bothering me on the cool down, just really tight and achy. Felt it a couple days ago too. It’s the bottom third of my calf into the inside of my ankle. It doesn’t hurt to jump on it and there isn’t any sensitive spots, and it seemed more annoyed with calf raises so I think it’s muscle related

Baboon

delicate flower

I had a one hour bike workout to do, and work called me 19 minutes in, and of course I have to take care of that business or 12000 people don't get paid.  Got back on the trainer to finish the workout and work called again after six minutes.  At that point I just packed this workout in.  25 minutes will have to do for today.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.4 miles with 2 x 10 minutes. First was supposed to be at HM pace, second at 10k. 9:32 and 9:06 pace, good enough. Absolutely freezing now, it was cold & windy, now I'm under a blanket trying to warm up.  Oh, for cold, heated mattress pads are the best invention ever.

RunningOnSand

5.4 miles with 2 x 10 minutes. First was supposed to be at HM pace, second at 10k. 9:32 and 9:06 pace, good enough. Absolutely freezing now, it was cold & windy, now I'm under a blanket trying to warm up.  Oh, for cold, heated mattress pads are the best invention ever.

Dammit. It didn't work. Okay how do you insert photos again? I'm trying via Photobucket. Kthxbai

Also, are we able to insert gifs?