Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies (Read 17 times)

DavePNW

I also get emails for races without a date in the email.

My other pet peeve is races that don't post a course map.

You'd think date, distance, and location would be the bare minimum! But yeah if I'm serious I need a course map with elevation profile.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

In other important news: I booked my NYC hotel!

Are you staying near Central Park to be close to the finish, or downtown, for easy access to the ferry on race morning?  Or somewhere else?  (Not asking you to post the exact hotel on a public forum.)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

Facebook race ads are notorious for not showing the "where".

DavePNW

Are you staying near Central Park to be close to the finish, or downtown, for easy access to the ferry on race morning?  Or somewhere else?  (Not asking you to post the exact hotel on a public forum.)

Near 49th and 7th. Kind of a compromise - there's no one best location if you want to consider the finish line, the expo, the bus pickup spot, and the ferry pickup spot (I haven't yet decided on how I want to get to the start). But nearly anything will be a short walk + subway ride away.

Dave

DavePNW

Well that MTA-NYCM kerfuffle didn’t last long! Gov. Kathy Hochul: “I’ve directed the MTA to fix this mess and allow the marathon to move forward as it always has. The marathon is an iconic symbol of New York City’s tenacity and resilience that unites communities across the five boroughs each fall.”

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Well that MTA-NYCM kerfuffle didn’t last long! Gov. Kathy Hochul: “I’ve directed the MTA to fix this mess and allow the marathon to move forward as it always has. The marathon is an iconic symbol of New York City’s tenacity and resilience that unites communities across the five boroughs each fall.”

It was a stupid, tone-deaf idea by the MTA.  $750k is less than a drop in the bucket for them.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Near 49th and 7th. Kind of a compromise - there's no one best location if you want to consider the finish line, the expo, the bus pickup spot, and the ferry pickup spot (I haven't yet decided on how I want to get to the start). But nearly anything will be a short walk + subway ride away.

I have stayed in both areas. Near the finish is best. I normally take the train to the ferry station as the bus is too fucking early. And I think one year the bus was in front of my hotel; I still didn't take it.

Damaris