Beginners and Beyond

Rock of Ages Fridailies! (Read 44 times)

Hip Redux

Oddly, that's reassuring,

of course, after I sat for 20 minutes, gulped down s huge glass of sports drink and ate half my leftover pizza, i feel better. May try to run three more tonight, but if it hurts right away I will immediately stop (last time referenced above I did this but kept going and I could barely walk when I was done).

Glad you're feeling better! Definitely play it conservatively.  I don't want to see you in the injury thread. Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Glad you're feeling better! Definitely play it conservatively.  I don't want to see you in the injury thread. Smile

Me neither!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Mine and Gail's 'spooky' cats, lol, their eyes shining from the flash...  left to right....Lulu, P2, and Paisley...

photo Voodoocats_zps674c2c1a.jpg

They were all watching this guy  - the only male cat in the house - my big guy, Peanut, and waiting for him to move because they all like to sleep by my legs on that soft Redskins comforter.  One cat jumps down from it, another jumps up on it, lol.

photo Peanut_zpsf07f6acb.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

outoftheblue

SRD for me and I'm feeling pretty lazy, so I don't even think I'll go to the gym for weights, which is what I usually do on a non-run day.

Jessica -- Take it easy on the hip.   You're much better off missing a couple of runs and getting to the start line healthy.  For my first marathon, I substituted a most of my runs one week for pool running or swimming  to deal with some strange pain that cropped up in my groin area.   But, I felt better the next week and I was able to complete the rest of the training without any reoccurring problems.   Better safe than sorry in my book.

Life is good.

delicate flower

8 miles done at 8:01 pace on a hilly route.  A damn fine run.  I was going to go easy today but my legs showed up to play.  I also blew a hole in my New Balance socks after just their third use.  Glad they were free.  Balega or GTFO.

<3

delicate flower

Oddly, that's reassuring,

of course, after I sat for 20 minutes, gulped down s huge glass of sports drink and ate half my leftover pizza, i feel better. May try to run three more tonight, but if it hurts right away I will immediately stop (last time referenced above I did this but kept going and I could barely walk when I was done).

I hope it clears itself up quickly.

<3

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

6.34 miles @ 8:23 pace easy done this evening. I inadvertently ran a double today. Tomorrow is a SRD. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cute cats, Scotty.

3.23 with hubby.  He's going for 4 on Sunday.  And I have 22, lord help me with 26 miles for one day.  Please push me to make it!

Damaris

B-Plus

Progression run. 14 miles total.

LRB

Progression run. 14 miles total.

Those splits are fuckin' gorgeous!

Hip Redux

Those splits are fuckin' gorgeous!

I love being able to check out people's logs.  Smile

Nice work, B+!

How do you inadvertently run a double SUS?  Like.. you forgot you already ran?  :P

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Mine and Gail's 'spooky' cats, lol, their eyes shining from the flash...  left to right....Lulu, P2, and Paisley...

photo Voodoocats_zps674c2c1a.jpg

P2?

like this? http://www.cervelo.com/en/bikes/p-series/p2.html

pppuuurrrrrrrrr

KITTEHS!!!

LRB

KITTEHS!!!

I met a pair of whippets today, and had the whole Greyhound size thing explained to me and thought of you, O and B.  Cool stuff.

Hip Redux

I met a pair of whippets today, and had the whole Greyhound size thing explained to me and thought of you, O and B.  Cool stuff.

They are greyhounds that were shrunk in the wash!  :P

LRB

They are greyhounds that were shrunk in the wash!  :P

What is the smallest one called?  I forgot.