Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #5 (Read 36 times)

Cyberic

you should try the Deek's Quarters workout (also called aussie quarters). I did it last Wednesday and it's a fun float recovery workout that is short so you can fit it in during lunchtime.  It's 8x400m with 200m float - the float needs to be quick, faster than easy pace and the 400's are supposed to be a little faster than 5k pace I think and mid-way through you are feeling those short fast recoveries

I'm all about quick lunch time workouts! Will try for sure.

Little Blue

onemile

WHY DID I EVEN GET THIS DEVICE!? 

I think you can return it within 30 days if you aren't happy with it

LRB

DavePNW

And some of them forget how the forum works. 

Dave

RunningOnSand

I think you can return it within 30 days if you aren't happy with it

No, I'm happy with it (I think, lol). It was just a minor annoyance, really not something to get upset about (sarcasm is impossible to convey via online message boards  Wink

RunningOnSand

And some of them forget how the forum works. 

I can't see what LittleBlue wrote.

DavePNW

I can't see what LittleBlue wrote.

Exactly!

She posted the same thing she had already posted previously, so went back & deleted the second one.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Soooo.....idk what to think about this Stryd thing.

Based on my TM's settings (which, I know can be wonky) I ran at like 9:30-10mm. But according to Stryd, I ran closer to 11mm. Effort wise is more in line with the TM's declaration. The whole TM debacle was one of the reasons I was most excited for the Stryd. WHY DID I EVEN GET THIS DEVICE!? 

Have you checked calibration on your new TM? I've never had one but have definitely seen articles about measuring the belt to calibrate.

sdWhiskers

As far as routes go, I have no problem driving to run somewhere. As a woman who runs in the dark, alone, in no way do I want someone who may be stalking me able to figure out my schedule and routes so I constantly change and switch things up as much as possible.

I also enjoy the change of scenery and it also depends on what distance I'm doing, I really hate overlapping and love nice loops (squares, rectangles).

My dark AM routes are not scenic or interesting. It's dark so I dont care. Focus is on safety (cars, dogs and bad people). I can go north, south, east and west from my house so I rotate through those each week.

RunningOnSand

Have you checked calibration on your new TM? I've never had one but have definitely seen articles about measuring the belt to calibrate.

I haven't checked into doing that. I suppose I should.

RunningOnSand

Exactly!

She posted the same thing she had already posted previously, so went back & deleted the second one.

LOL, gotcha! Okay, thx. Smile

onemile

No, I'm happy with it (I think, lol). It was just a minor annoyance, really not something to get upset about (sarcasm is impossible to convey via online message boards  Wink

Oh ok. I bought mine primarily for accurate measurements at the indoor track and if that hadn't been pretty much spot on I would have returned it

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I haven't checked into doing that. I suppose I should.

You have to calibrate the TM when you get it. Mine is on auto calibrate. The difference was 11mm vs 15mm after the calibration. They don’t come calibrated especially after being shipped and abused on the way.

Damaris

Cyberic

You have to calibrate the TM when you get it. Mine is on auto calibrate. The difference was 11mm vs 15mm after the calibration. They don’t come calibrated especially after being shipped and abused on the way.

And how does that work???