Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 17 times)

DavePNW

Good luck Damaris! We’ll all be asleep when you’re running!

I met up with the group and ran 12 miles with 6 around GMP. I was targeting 7:20; my splits ended up between 7:13 and 7:19, and it didn’t feel excessively hard. Very happy to have an easy week ahead of me.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

5k. Didn't get much of a warm up in. Took a little longer thana expected to get into the pakring area. I also am really wary about the area surrounding the Baltimore Zoo. It is not the greatest of neighborhoods (understatement). Probably went a little better than expected. Didn;t really feel like I could get my legs to move faster, but wasn't dying. I really have no clue how mile 3 was close to the others, the last half mile was up a steep ass hill. I hate that hill, not the first time I've done a race finishing on it. Just cruel. Much respect to the push rim athletes there, cause that has to be a bitch to get up.

Mostly for Dave & Fred, the zoo's lemur made an appearance. He has a clear tube walkway over the pedestrian area and was darting back and forth. Way fluffier than I was expecting. Color wise reminded me of a skunk.That was the only zoo animal I saw. There were some post race therapy dogs and police horses. I had to get the police contact info for an event at work, the one horse wanted all the attention, the other was more laid back.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

HCK - I'm glad the race went better than expected for you.

I ran 4 on legs feeling tired after yesterday's track work.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations HCK!!!!!

A two mile walk for me.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thank you!

I walked 10 miles yesterday and 8 miles so far sigh. Even the underground takes walks to and from. Ha.

I never told you last night I noticed I forgot my charity tank and arm warmers in Indy. No idea how since I packed it 4 days before we left. Anyway, I brought a tech shirt to run today which I didn’t and with the wind tomorrow I think it’s a blessing in disguise.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

10.5 mi with RP. Still slow but went better than last week.

Good job HCK!

GOOOOO DR!