Beginners and Beyond

Turkey Dailies! (Read 37 times)

delicate flower

GOBBLES!!!!  Happy Feast Day, kids!  I am a little early to my race, but that's how I do.  Speak up!

<3

delicate flower

OMG people wake up.

<3

LRB

OMG people wake up.

Crickets? lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3 miles on a tired and slightly sore foot.  Its time to hit the kitchen now and get shit going.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

And, good luck Baboon and all the other racers.

Runner with a riding problem.

on my way to badass

Good luck racers!  I need to get a mile or two in before I get in the car and drive for 4 hours. I skipped yesterday.  I was baking.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

I'll be heading downtown to catch the Lions vs the Vikings at 12:30 in what is easily the biggest game we've had around here in ages. Afterwards, I was assigned pies for the family gathering and I'm bringing 4 of them bitches (peach, blueberry, dutch apple and pecan). The latter of which I added at the last minute because I loved them as a yute, and haven't had any in forever.

Up first though is a jog, probably around 7, I think. It's 40 and overcast so it should be nice.

delicate flower

I'll be heading downtown to catch the Lions vs the Vikings at 12:30 in what is easily the biggest game we've had around here in ages. Afterwards, I was assigned pies for the family gathering and I'm bringing 4 of them bitches (peach, blueberry, dutch apple and pecan). The latter of which I added at the last minute because I loved them as a yute, and haven't had any in forever.

Up first though is a jog, probably around 7, I think. It's 40 and overcast so it should be nice.

Sounds like a pretty awesome day!

I had a good race!  19:48 in my 5K.  I am very happy to break 20:00 again.  4/25 AG, 24/481 OA.  My speed isn't where it was a year ago, but I'm closer than I thought I was.  Then I rushed home so I could do a neighborhood "unofficial" 5K that DW was doing.  About 50 people showed up for it, which a pretty darn good turnout.  I ran the first half of that at a tempo effort, then ran hard the second half.  7:08 avg pace and the third person to finish.  All you can eat Bloody Marys at the finish line, if you're into that sort of thing.  I had hot chocolate.  9 miles total on the day.  Bring on the feast!

<3

GOBBLES!!!!  Happy Feast Day, kids!  I am a little early to my race, but that's how I do.  Speak up!

+1.

Up in (autocorrect changed to "Muppets") the middle of the night as usual, so would've been nice to sleep in, but had a 5:45 alarm. Why do we do such idiotic things? Last night at 8:00 decided to finally look at all the friggin' race emails to figure out where I'm supposed to go, only to find you're supposed to go online to get a parking pass for one of the lots. Ok then. Of course by that point they were all full. Anyway I made it here & just found an unauthorized spot in a nearby neighborhood. And as predicted, weather is shit - 44, steady rain, and windy.

Dave

Sounds like a pretty awesome day!

I had a good race!  19:48 in my 5K.  I am very happy to break 20:00 again.  4/25 AG, 24/481 OA.  My speed isn't where it was a year ago, but I'm closer than I thought I was.  Then I rushed home so I could do a neighborhood "unofficial" 5K that DW was doing.  About 50 people showed up for it, which a pretty darn good turnout.  I ran the first half of that at a tempo effort, then ran hard the second half.  7:08 avg pace and the third person to finish.  All you can eat Bloody Marys at the finish line, if you're into that sort of thing.  I had hot chocolate.  9 miles total on the day.  Bring on the feast and the FOOTBALL!

NICE! Fixed slightly.

Dave

Cool! The town is Lions-crazy even when they suck, which they usually do. So when they are half -decent, it's insanity.

Funny I haven't had pecan pie in forever, and am not regally a big fan. But DW/DS made one out of the blue a couple days ago. They are usually too sweet for me, but I put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it to cut it a bit (ha), and it was pretty good.  Anyway the official Thanksgiving menu has pumpkin & chocolate, plus the extra pumpkin I expect to win today.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I was trying to sleep in but Baboon's yelling woke me up.

I have weights and 5 miles tonight, then some cooking and drinking for us.  Right now the house is quiet since hubby is at work (hospital).

Damaris

No more marathons

food.  lots of food.

I might run if the smoke clears up a bit.

way to go babs on you 5k double.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I had a good race!  19:48 in my 5K.  I am very happy to break 20:00 again.  4/25 AG, 24/481 OA.  My speed isn't where it was a year ago, but I'm closer than I thought I was.  Then I rushed home so I could do a neighborhood "unofficial" 5K that DW was doing

Nice!

That's a 41:33 10k for you today, a mere 36 seconds off your 10k PR. And what's most impressive is the 6:20 split you clocked in the last mile of all of your shenanigans. The energizer bunny would have a heart attack trying to keep up with you.

LRB

Cool! The town is Lions-crazy even when they suck, which they usually do. So when they are half -decent, it's insanity.

Funny I haven't had pecan pie in forever, and am not regally a big fan. But DW/DS made one out of the blue a couple days ago. They are usually too sweet for me, but I put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it to cut it a bit (ha), and it was pretty good.  Anyway the official Thanksgiving menu has pumpkin & chocolate, plus the extra pumpkin I expect to win today.

I imagine I will be the only one eating from it. Although, as these things sometimes go, most of the food that's made specifically for me (meatless), GETS EATEN UP BEFORE I GET ANY.

From the Internet.

The McMillan Calculator Game is so much more fun with a real actual RECENT race instead of old race times and wild guesses!

5 miles in 35:11. So in theory I should be able to shoot for something under 21:30 for 5K (McMillan says 21:13 but I don't have enough 5K-specific workouts in my recent past), or under 45 for 10K (McMillan: 44:04).