Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins Mostly Working (Read 14 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hiya, Penguins!!  Sounds like most of us are working today, me included.  I have a service rep here to fix one of my instruments, I had to laugh a little on Thursday when she said she could be here Monday if we were working.  Although my tech's kids are off school, so he had to take the day off to hang with them.

I had a lovely relaxing weekend, now back to the crazy!!

Docket -- how's the leg today?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

PAD- What's up?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have PT, Pilates and 4 miles.  Leg feels like it didn't run!

HopesMom, I am off but still working for a bit, so I'll join you in spirit.  Hope the crazy is not too crazy.

Z, how is the head bump looking?

Damaris

PADRunner

PAD- What's up?

Overuse runners knee I guess, and I'll be traveling for a week, so it's a good time to take a couple of weeks off and rest the knee.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sad

Damaris

From the Internet.

Should have been an SRD, but it's way too nice out and husband is working from home, so I got in a 30 minute recovery jog. SO gorgeous out there! Low 40s but feels warmer. Will be a 7-day run week for me, but I'm on vacation so I can get in extra naps to make up for it!

Ran 17 with a 10 mile race as part of my long run yesterday. 1:18:56 for the 10, took a gel split across two water stops without puking, kicked it up for a 7:30 last mile. Another gorgeous day, was nice to get out and run in a race environment. Stuck to my plan like a good kid (which was to run MP or a touch faster and practice fueling instead of trashing my legs for a non-goal race) and I feel pretty good today.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Working today also.  As a state university, we have to be open so many days a year by law.  Since the majority of our employees like a longer time off during christmas and new years, we have to make those days up by being open on some Federal holidays.  It's all good.

Busy running weekend this past weekend.  Had Friday off, did a 5K at 3 pm, followed by a 5K on Saturday morning at 8 a.m., and then did a 5 mile hill route at Lackland Air Force Base on Sunday morning.   Today is a rest day.

Crazy weather in San Antonio....got up to nearly 80 yesterday afternoon and then during the night-time hours, 40 - 50 mph winds, rain with a bit of hail...we even had a small tornado that ended up being about 3 miles from where I live...not a humongous thing, but even so....it veered away from the direction my house is and went on up east.   Some roofs torn off some buildings, fences damaged, etc., but thankfully no lives lost, nobody injured.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

D- It's looking like red and purple eye shadow and liner. The cut is almost healed but there is still some swelling so it might be a while.

Zelanie

PAD- Hopefully the time off will do the trick.

Good news, D!

Back to work for me, hi everybody else!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Looks like you can hide some with makeup, at least.  Hoping the swelling goes down soon.  Yikes.

Damaris

Zelanie

Looks like you can hide some with makeup, at least.  Hoping the swelling goes down soon.  Yikes.

It's like an eye makeup tutorial for me. Last week's line was where to draw the wing, this week shows where to shade the crease.

GinnyinPA

PAD - I hope the knee feels better with the rest.

Z - it doesn't look shocking any more, which is progress.

Scotty - nice weekend runs.  On the news they talked about the storm and tornados (3?) in the SA area.  I'm glad you weren't directly affected.

D - I hope your four went well.

HM - I hope you were able to catch up.

Lauren - nice race and long run.  It's hard to hold back.

Another gorgeous day here, so we went to the state park and hiked a 4 mile loop with a good climb to start. There were a lot of people out enjoying the sunshine today.