Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Class is in Session (Read 28 times)

LRB

That would be 1:34:48, done last year.  I think that is a stretch goal but Coach thinks I am in better shape than that.  I'll do what he says, which is shoot for 10-15 seconds faster per mile, and see what happens.  My recent 10K's indicate I am not in PR shape, but I've also been racing on very tired legs.  I'm actually going into this one a little rested.  My interval workouts are as fast as they've ever been.  Eh, who the hell knows.

I would say probably your coach. Smile

DavePNW

I would say probably your coach. Smile

The forum always has the best advice, it's really terrific, everyone is saying so..

Dave

LRB

Class is dismissed geezus!

No more marathons

Fun workout today.

Fartlek of 1-2-3-2-1-2-3-2-1 mins hard, moderate (faster than easy) mins match

That works out to 34 minutes of hard, not so hard, running. I was shooting for the same kind of times I did the 12 X minute back at the beginning of the month - 7:30/8:30.

Ended up with the hard intervals averaging 7:28 and the moderate recovery intervals at 8:15.  But the ranges of both were pretty wide - from 7:07 to 7:48 on the fast set, and 8:00 to 8:27 on the moderates.

All in all a good work-out.  Never really felt stressed, but the range of paces shows a bit of concentration waver.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 5 x 6 minutes at 10k-ish pace.

No more marathons

Fun workout today.

Fartlek of 1-2-3-2-1-2-3-2-1 mins hard, moderate (faster than easy) mins match

That works out to 34 minutes of hard, not so hard, running. I was shooting for the same kind of times I did the 12 X minute back at the beginning of the month - 7:30/8:30.

Ended up with the hard intervals averaging 7:28 and the moderate recovery intervals at 8:15.  But the ranges of both were pretty wide - from 7:07 to 7:48 on the fast set, and 8:00 to 8:27 on the moderates.

All in all a good work-out.  Never really felt stressed, but the range of paces shows a bit of concentration waver.

Which, I guess, raises the question - did I dog this workout?  Should I have been shooting for faster?  How do you define hard?  If I go by HR, I was in the Tempo run rate for overt half of the total time.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Baboon

delicate flower

Feb 22 and I wore shorts and a t-shirt on my run today.  That's a first for me for February.

Anyway 40 minute run:

10:00 warm up

4 x 4:00 with 2:00 recoveries

6 minute cool down

I averaged a 6:38 pace on the intervals.  Not bad.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 miles at the speedy pace of 13:16mm.  Sheesh.

Having said that, this is the run that has felt the best since I started back.  So, yay.  Speed will come back as I add straight running (I can't yet per the PT).

Damaris