Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: You all are out running, right? (Read 31 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

According to the interwebz, Smith's injury is 33 years to the day to Theisman's.

Runshortii

Dave - great job on the 5K!!

I ran 4. My legs actually felt really good, I almost wanted to keep going. Have a 10K on Thanksgiving so it’ll be interesting to see where I’m at

workinprogress11

I am traumatized to this day by Theisman’s broken leg. If I see anything remotely like it in a movie I start feeling like I’m going to puke.

LRB

According to the interwebz, Smith's injury is 33 years to the day to Theisman's.

I saw that. I could've sworn Theisman's injury happened on Monday Night Football. I was almost certain I was watching that night. Guess not. lol

LRB

Dave - great job on the 5K!!

I ran 4. My legs actually felt really good, I almost wanted to keep going. Have a 10K on Thanksgiving so it’ll be interesting to see where I’m at

PR, is that you??

LRB

I am traumatized to this day by Theisman’s broken leg. If I see anything remotely like it in a movie I start feeling like I’m going to puke.

I am most affected by stabbings in movies. Even though I know it's not real, I cringe like a high school girl. I left the movie Gladiator a crumbled up mess. lol

Hip Redux

I saw that. I could've sworn Theisman's injury happened on Monday Night Football. I was almost certain I was watching that night. Guess not. lol

It was.  Nov 18 in '85 was a Monday.

LRB

It was.  Nov 18 in '85 was a Monday.

Yeah, Oski to the rescue! So it was 33 years to the date, not day. Thank you! No one else would even bother with that.

Runshortii

PR, is that you??

My PR is a 44:45 from this summer, and it was 80 degrees and humid as heck for it so I would like to think I can PR. I also hate 10ks. I would rather race a 5K, but it’s the local running club turkey run and I see a lot of people I know

LRB

My PR is a 44:45 from this summer, and it was 80 degrees and humid as heck for it so I would like to think I can PR. I also hate 10ks. I would rather race a 5K, but it’s the local running club turkey run and I see a lot of people I know

The 10k is a great opportunity to build stamina. Just look at it as the first unofficial workout for Wisconsin. There, that's better.

From the Internet.

Great job Dave!

I ran 12 with a couple of my Boston friends at the Tracksmith weekly run this morning. A very dangerous place for me to be all post-run happy, lol. I left with a wonderfully cozy merino blend shawl-neck sweatshirt - made the mistake of trying it on and I didn't even take it off to pay for it.

Just under 47 miles for the week with no doubles and a day off. Nice. Indoor track in the morning.

Cyberic

Just under 47 miles for the week with no doubles and a day off. Nice. Indoor track in the morning.

You think running doubles is less effective? Or stretching your volume over 7 days?

DavePNW

Based on your recent half & marathon, you should be able to destroy that PR. Our PRs for those distances are pretty close, and my 10k PR is 42:22. Although that might have been a flukey day, I haven't come close since. But something in the 43s should be reasonable.

10k's are great fun because to me, 10k pace feels pretty close to 5k effort, but you have to hold it for twice the distance. 

Dave

From the Internet.

You think running doubles is less effective? Or stretching your volume over 7 days?

Most of my other mid-40s weeks this fall have involved a double on Wednesday (AM shakeout before PM track workout) or 7 days of running. Just happy to be hitting solid mileage with room to grow again! Should be easy to bump up over 50 within the next few weeks and hang out in the mid-50s before marathon training starts in a couple months.

GinnyinPA

Nice job Dave. 2nd out of 53 is impressive, even if they didn't give an award.

I ran 14.3 on a gray and gloomy day. My back had been killing me, since shoveling the snow, so I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it, but after about 1/3 of a mile, the pain went away completely. Weird.