Beginners and Beyond

TuesDailies (Read 34 times)

Busy day here. Ran 5mi 9:06 this am. L shin a little sore but hopefully will feel better real soon.  Not the first sore shin and won’t be the last lol. Possibly doing my first track workout ever tomorrow am which I’m really excited about.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Busy day here. Ran 5mi 9:06 this am. L shin a little sore but hopefully will feel better real soon.  Not the first sore shin and won’t be the last lol. Possibly doing my first track workout ever tomorrow am which I’m really excited about.

Shin splint?  I get those every now and then, quite randomly, but goes away.  Hope it's better for tomorrow.  And the first track workout ever, really???  Never had access to a track before, or just never thought of doing it?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh he will have fun eyeing up the ladies in their short shorts and running bras.

I wonder if his career will be over by then after the accusations.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I wonder if his career will be over by then after the accusations.

Yes, that's true. That discussion actually came up. I was technically on the planning team for this year's race, but I stayed on the timing side of things more than anything else. I'm sure that if more comes out about Mr. Freeman, then the race will look to bring in a different actor(s) instead.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, that's true. That discussion actually came up. I was technically on the planning team for this year's race, but I stayed on the timing side of things more than anything else. I'm sure that if more comes out about Mr. Freeman, then the race will look to bring in a different actor(s) instead.

Just bring Samuel Jackson instead and have him yell Motherfucker on the mic every minute of the race?

Damaris

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Just bring Samuel Jackson instead and have him yell Motherfucker on the mic every minute of the race?

If Samuel were there, I'd drive the 10 hours to run that race.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If Samuel were there, I'd drive the 10 hours to run that race.

Big grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfaSLHOm4rw

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good thing I chose to run at Fort Sam Houston this early a.m...because I forgot I had an "appointment" to run with my doc this morning. When I got to the gym doc was waiting for me. I haven't said much about it lately, but I have a few heart issues - yet another "battle" to add to the list of ones I've had, right? I was planning on hills this morning - and not baby hills either; those long hills that are on the training side of the post - and doc said that was good, would really give the heart a workout to see how I was doing. So off we go, with doc telling me to just run how I normally do. Okay then. My usual run/walk thing and a couple of stops for doc to check my heart rate, pulse, whatever. We ended up with 6 uphills, 3 downhills, and 4.1 miles in 45:21, so just a bit over 11 minute miles. Doc is a much better and speedier runner than me, I don't think doc even broke a sweat, lol, at my pace. I felt pretty good the whole darn way and doc said for what my heart is dealing with, I am doing pretty darn good....nice! Actually, doc is a runner too and was gonna run this morning too anyway, so was convenient for both of us, and saved me an office visit. Great appointment and that is some nice personal service!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

KCRuns

Good thing I chose to run at Fort Sam Houston this early a.m...because I forgot I had an "appointment" to run with my doc this morning. When I got to the gym doc was waiting for me. I haven't said much about it lately, but I have a few heart issues - yet another "battle" to add to the list of ones I've had, right? I was planning on hills this morning - and not baby hills either; those long hills that are on the training side of the post - and doc said that was good, would really give the heart a workout to see how I was doing. So off we go, with doc telling me to just run how I normally do. Okay then. My usual run/walk thing and a couple of stops for doc to check my heart rate, pulse, whatever. We ended up with 6 uphills, 3 downhills, and 4.1 miles in 45:21, so just a bit over 11 minute miles. Doc is a much better and speedier runner than me, I don't think doc even broke a sweat, lol, at my pace. I felt pretty good the whole darn way and doc said for what my heart is dealing with, I am doing pretty darn good....nice! Actually, doc is a runner too and was gonna run this morning too anyway, so was convenient for both of us, and saved me an office visit. Great appointment and that is some nice personal service!

What a great doc!  It's nice that he'll meet you outside the office to check on things Smile

RunningOnSand

LOL. I'd be there, too, if Samuel came in. Big grin 

Jay & PR, I'm with SIAR in that I really don't (ever) get excited about speed sessions. I get kind of terrified of them. Ugh. This week, though, I've got some cruise intervals...so I'm not sweating it as much.

I ran 6 w/strides today, easy 5 yesterday. RD tomorrow. Wheee.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Tired and my legs are sore, so did upper body strength training. It's beautiful out.

SIAR, that race sounds really cool.

Shin splint?  I get those every now and then, quite randomly, but goes away.  Hope it's better for tomorrow.  And the first track workout ever, really???  Never had access to a track before, or just never thought of doing it?

Maybe? I’ve had my shin get sore before after a lot of hills. Been doing a lot of hill training and racing these hilly 5ks recently so it’s just a little aggravated. It’s actually not feeling bad at all right now. Should be fine by tomorrow. Yeah first time on a track! I’m super stoked!  I never knew there were any public tracks around here. Our local HS has theirs locked up all the time. Thinking I will make the decision whether to race the mile next Tuesday night or not based on how I feel on the track tomorrow.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Jay & PR, I'm with SIAR in that I really don't (ever) get excited about speed sessions. I get kind of terrified of them. Ugh. 

I hate running miles...they terrify me 10k> interval pace for them is pretty sucky. I’ve learned to like 800s somewhat. 400s are my favorite. There’s something magical about them. Have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable...I tell myself this before every speed session. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t lol.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I moved my run to Friday, as my husband just finished his run on the TM and I don't want to run until 9:30pm and THEN cook dinner.  Even 10:30pm is too late for us to eat dinner.

Damaris

KCRuns

I moved my run to Friday, as my husband just finished his run on the TM and I don't want to run until 9:30pm and THEN cook dinner.  Even 10:30pm is too late for us to eat dinner.

Seems like the person who gets the treadmill first should cook dinner while the other one runs...