Beginners and Beyond

Wet Sundailies (Read 40 times)

Italiana626

The Latecomer

6.66 miles this morning - . Still too warm and humid for Feb. Didn't know I was going to have to start warm weather acclimation so early. Gives me 53.24 miles for the week, which is an all-time high.

Cy - Hope you enjoyed your rare RD without going too crazy.

Docket - Glad you're starting to feel better.

From the Internet.

Are you pain free? My PF killed me in the heel, then the arch, then the heel again.

Mooostly. I can still tell that my foot isn't 100% normal, but it's manageable with night splint, icing, rolling, heel cushions, etc. and running isn't changing the slightly-off feeling, so I'm rolling with it for now. It got significantly better from October to mid-December, and has been basically the same since then, running or not, so might as well run.

LRB

Mooostly. I can still tell that my foot isn't 100% normal, but it's manageable with night splint, icing, rolling, heel cushions, etc. and running isn't changing the slightly-off feeling, so I'm rolling with it for now. It got significantly better from October to mid-December, and has been basically the same since then, running or not, so might as well run.

Wear your support insoles in everything; your running shoes, your work shoes, your houseshoes. Your beach socks, your flip flops. Your heels, your flats. The only time you shouldn't have on support insoles is well...just wear them!

Cyberic

6.66 miles this morning - . Still too warm and humid for Feb. Didn't know I was going to have to start warm weather acclimation so early. Gives me 53.24 miles for the week, which is an all-time high.

Cy - Hope you enjoyed your rare RD without going too crazy.

Docket - Glad you're starting to feel better.

Congrats on the big miles!

It was just the AM that was weird. Even when I used to run 4-5 days a week, I'd run both Saturday and Sunday. I get the run done, and then I can do stuff. When I need to run in the afternoon, the AM is always weird. It was the same today. When we hit the afternoon, all was good

RunningOnSand

Italiana, that's some serious mileage. Nicely done. Did you ever look into the Milwaukee Lakefront marathon?

Lauren, sorry to hear about your PF. I had a horrible case of it my last full completed marathon cycle. I, too, felt running didn't make it worse, so alongside of rolling, stretching, etc I ran through it and it eventually went away with Hokas. (It was probably something totally different that made it go away, but that was my only noticeable change that made a difference). 

Right now I'm annoyed i can't go back further to see other responses from other pages. Sorry, runner people, for no personals to you.

I did 10 total w/ 7 @ HMP. I was a bit nervous going into it (had a fever 6 days last week, culminating in some chest crud, and had missed a LR and a workout--you know the crazy, "I've lost all my fitness in a week" talk you freak yourself out with? maybe it's just me? ). Anyway, I'm super pumped I nailed it. Goal was 7 @ 8:45-9:00mm, and I did 9:05, 8:58, 8:48, 8:48, 8:45, 8:50, 8:47. Felt super hard, and I have no idea how I'll manage that for an additional 6 miles in a couple weeks, but I'm hoping the excitement of the race and hopefully the slightly downhill course will help propel me.

I did 10 total w/ 7 @ HMP. I was a bit nervous going into it (had a fever 6 days last week, culminating in some chest crud, and had missed a LR and a workout--you know the crazy, "I've lost all my fitness in a week" talk you freak yourself out with? maybe it's just me? ). Anyway, I'm super pumped I nailed it. Goal was 7 @ 8:45-9:00mm, and I did 9:05, 8:58, 8:48, 8:48, 8:45, 8:50, 8:47. Felt super hard, and I have no idea how I'll manage that for an additional 6 miles in a couple weeks, but I'm hoping the excitement of the race and hopefully the slightly downhill course will help propel me.

One can never imagine it. But then somehow, it happens (sometimes). That's a pretty tough workout. The Pfitz marathon plan has 12 w/7 HMP, and it's probably the one I fear the most. Nice job.

Dave

RunningOnSand

One can never imagine it. But then somehow, it happens (sometimes). That's a pretty tough workout. The Pfitz marathon plan has 12 w/7 HMP, and it's probably the one I fear the most. Nice job.

Right? I can understand your fear. Is that the plan you’ve been following for your other marathons? I’m sure you said it before but I’ve just forgotten. And, thanks! I’m so pleased.

Right? I can understand your fear. Is that the plan you’ve been following for your other marathons? I’m sure you said it before but I’ve just forgotten. And, thanks! I’m so pleased.

I used it 3 times, but then moved on.

Dave

Cyberic

I used it 3 times, but then moved on.

You going to go back, you think?