Beginners and Beyond

Rolling Thunder TuesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Hip Redux

I was sheltered in RI. In MA now, this is the first one that's affected me!

Welcome to the jungle!  MA is a rough state.  Big grin

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Anniversary celebrations were kind of tanked last night when both DH and DD fell apart, grr.  Still, you don't get through 15 years of marriage without having days like that, right?  And you don't get to have a teenager without them having days like that, right?  So we move forward.  I have fallen fully into slacker vacation mode and didn't run again today.  But we did do a full lap of Stanley park with the family, which is as far as I would have run anyway, plus we're still going to walk to the game and back later on.

happylily

So I just finished my tempo run and the tempo pace was not happening tonight, so out of the blue I decided to squeeze my butt cheeks and see what would happen because I'm weird like that, and guess what?!  Oh sorry... that's Cy's run report, not mine.  Me, I just went like the slow train that I am in this heat. 10 miles, including 5 at tempo, 7:49 pace overall.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Hey guys.  Anniversary celebrations were kind of tanked last night when both DH and DD fell apart, grr.  Still, you don't get through 15 years of marriage without having days like that, right?  And you don't get to have a teenager without them having days like that, right?  So we move forward.

They owe you.

Zelanie

They owe you.

I believe that I made that pretty clear last night. 

Cyberic

so out of the blue I decided to squeeze my butt cheeks and see what would happen because I'm weird like that, and guess what?!  

Sounds like an exercise a PT would have you do. Big grin

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got some massive storms here. Glad I was not out running. Although I would like to know why my phone feels the need to blare out an alert for a flood warning, especially since I am on the top of a hill, and not send anything about the tornado warning that was briefly in effect. Got my strength training done.

Lauren, I was in the basement Saturday for a tornado warning. I took my foam roller down there.

Cyberic, squeezing the glutes sort of makes sense. I find if I concentrate on keeping my core braced if my butt starts to hurt, it helps.

LRB

Got some massive storms here. Glad I was not out running. Although I would like to know why my phone feels the need to blare out an alert for a flood warning, especially since I am on the top of a hill, and not send anything about the tornado warning that was briefly in effect. Got my strength training done.

Lauren, I was in the basement Saturday for a tornado warning. I took my foam roller down there.

Cyberic, squeezing the glutes sort of makes sense. I find if I concentrate on keeping my core braced if my butt starts to hurt, it helps.

There was a tornado watch here but not a warning, and luckily nothing touched down. Nothing like getting thrown from your house in the middle of the night. lol

Cyberic

Wow (not in a positive way) about all the tornados. Scary stuff.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Fortunately, at least for DH and I, the tornados seem to go to the north, west or way south of us. Although a few years ago, one touched down maybe 10 miles away  near a friends' house. Both were out and their cell phones got lit up by friends and family calling them to see if they were ok. If you are not home, you never want the phone call to start with, "we saw your neighborhood on the Weather Channel". Their house was fine, most damage was along US route 1 to businesses.

GinnyinPA

Too hot and humid today to run outdoors, so I did 6 on the TM with 3 at HMP. First tempoish run in a long time. The hamstring didn't like it, but who asked it?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got another easy 2 miles in this evening with Dorian on the stroller, so 7.2 miles total for today Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We did not get tornado warnings here but we got protest warnings, as we are close to the Capitol.  But so far, it has been quiet.

I ran only 8.  It was just too hot and I was tired.  Meh.  It is a cutback week after all.  Haha.

Damaris

B-Plus

Hey guys.  Anniversary celebrations were kind of tanked last night when both DH and DD fell apart, grr.  Still, you don't get through 15 years of marriage without having days like that, right?  And you don't get to have a teenager without them having days like that, right?  So we move forward.  I have fallen fully into slacker vacation mode and didn't run again today.  But we did do a full lap of Stanley park with the family, which is as far as I would have run anyway, plus we're still going to walk to the game and back later on.

Sorry to hear about that. It sounds like they're lucky to have someone as patient and understanding as you. That's great that you guys were able to the the full stanley lap together. So you went to Japan/Switzerland too?

Zelanie

Yes we went to Japan/Netherlands tonight.  It was fun, and pretty exciting, but not as busy as the Canada game.

There were 5 of us who walked the full loop today, so that was cool.  Hope the track workout went well.