Beginners and Beyond

Turkey Dailies! (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My teammate got this awesome finish photo -- see the woman behind me?  I was BOOKING it to beat her.  She isn't even wearing a bib.  😂

You were like hell no, she can't pass me and she was just jogging in CP?  Nice floater!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The rain wasn't supposed to kick in until after my Trot so I dressed for that. Then it poured 30 minutes before the start time so I grabbed a jacket because I didn't want to stand around in the cold rain for that. By mile 1 I ditched the jacket and tied it around me That didn't get annoying at ALL during the rest of it.

The course is two laps and I had a decision to make. Do the full 10k or give up and call it a day. I pressed on. Mile 4 was kind of a bad moment and I wasn't sure I was going to make it - the one problem I find with cold weather running is that I tend to bonk fairly easily - but I kept going. I was definitely over checking my watch at the end and bargaining a lot "Only 3/4 of a mile to go! Only half a mile to go!" but despite the liquid air, the obscured glasses, and the puddles everywhere, I didn't do too poorly. 53:34. 29 seconds slower than my 10k in October, but that one was dry and flat so pretty close.

The one thing is that only crazies did a 10k in this weather. I didn't do too well placement wise, but that's fine.

Nice job!  My best 10K was run like that (wishing i had quit on the first loop).

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

You were like hell no, she can't pass me and she was just jogging in CP?  Nice floater!

PP, but hey.  Yeah, I don't get it -- why is she not jogging OUTSIDE the delimiters??  I can't complain if it got me a PR, but it's still a bit odd.  (I thought maybe her bib was covered but I couldn't find any woman with a clock time that close to mine.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

My teammate got this awesome finish photo -- see the woman behind me?  I was BOOKING it to beat her.  She isn't even wearing a bib.  😂

Bonus points for the use of booking it. That's a classic!

Nice stride by the way. 👍

bluerun

Super B****

Bonus points for the use of booking it. That's a classic!

Nice stride by the way. 👍

It's him more than me, I think... he's a photographer, he takes good photos.  I've never gotten a bad one from him.  Then again, maybe he just chooses not to share those.   (But thanks!)

chasing the impossible

zzyzx

I just went out to deal with a Thanksgiving emergency and the sun is out. Where was that this morning?

oldfartrunner

Nice pic Blue! ...Maybe that girl is like a pro out for a TR?

oldfartrunner

Oh yea, I got 8.

bluerun

Super B****

Nice pic Blue! ...Maybe that girl is like a pro out for a TR?

OF COURSE!! 

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 done, between the TM and outside, while basting the turkey for dinner.  Weights earlier.

Damaris

Cyberic

Run commute day. Leg is pretty much fixed. I can still feel it, but I will try to resume normal running activities as of this weekend.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to all the racers today. For all your complaints, you folks are FAST!

After dealing with a head cold and norovirus this week, my run today was a slog. About what I expected, but it was such a beautiful day I didn't want to stay home and wait for the turkey to roast. Nice thing about being sick, neither DH nor I wanted a big Thanksgiving dinner, so food prep was super easy.