Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #3 (Read 33 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Didn't you recently get a new car that you just had to go sign stuff cause DW took care of it?

Well, having someone else do it does make the process easier 😝

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

Didn't you recently get a new car that you just had to go sign stuff cause DW took care of it?

True story.

<3

GinnyinPA

After only 3.5 hours sleep last night, today's run was surprisingly good. I did 6.2 miles on a damp and dreary day. No cold for me, but my sinuses have been going crazy lately.

Cyberic

Is it frozen beard time yet?

It was like 42 degrees this morning. So not really. But I'm prepared. I usually trim my beard, but up until now I've just let it grow, so it's thick enough to withstand good amounts of cold. I do trim the 'stache though, as I hate having hair in my mouth.

bluerun

Super B****

I just realized it's past the early registration deadline, so the 4-miler is $37. That's $9.25 per mile, and the HM is $3.82 per mile. 

Being an overthinker is worse for the overthinker than the people listening to the overthinking, trust me.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

The sub-3 thread on the main forum has reinvented itself into a marathon training thread. Most people seem to be the old sub-3 posters, and there seems to be "rules" to post there (intro of yourself, post weeklies of your training... ).

I see Lauren has introduced herself, and since DaveP and Baboon have commented, I can see I'm not the only one who has been reading the thread.

I don't know if I'll go with an introduction and participate, maybe I should but the sharpness of the answers there sometimes is a little heavy, but I'll be following the thread for a while. Maybe I'll find some useful stuff or get some entertainment out of it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just realized it's past the early registration deadline, so the 4-miler is $37. That's $9.25 per mile, and the HM is $3.82 per mile. 

Being an overthinker is worse for the overthinker than the people listening to the overthinking, trust me.

I doubt that lol

Damaris

DavePNW

The sub-3 thread on the main forum has reinvented itself into a marathon training thread. Most people seem to be the old sub-3 posters, and there seems to be "rules" to post there (intro of yourself, post weeklies of your training... ).

I see Lauren has introduced herself, and since DaveP and Baboon have commented, I can see I'm not the only one who has been reading the thread.

I don't know if I'll go with an introduction and participate, maybe I should but the sharpness of the answers there sometimes is a little heavy, but I'll be following the thread for a while. Maybe I'll find some useful stuff or get some entertainment out of it.

Well I was just checking to see whether I was at risk of getting DQ’d from any races.

I imagine it’ll end up being mostly the same people previously in the sub-3/3:20 threads. But I guess we’ll see.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

The sub-3 thread on the main forum has reinvented itself into a marathon training thread. 

They seem like a bunch of assholes from some of the early comments I've read.  I have no plans to be an active participant there.  The fact that nobody from The Swamp talks to those people tells me all I need to know.

<3

Runshortii

I ran 10. It’s a cutback week for me. I felt pretty good and thought about going a couple miles more but decided against it

Cyberic

They seem like a bunch of assholes from some of the early comments I've read.  I have no plans to be an active participant there.  The fact that nobody from The Swamp talks to those people tells me all I need to know.

And what is The Swamp?

Cyberic

Well I was just checking to see whether I was at risk of getting DQ’d from any races.

I imagine it’ll end up being mostly the same people previously in the sub-3/3:20 threads. But I guess we’ll see.

Yeah I read her answer. I dunno about you guys down South, but I've never heard of anyone "amateur" getting tested. I'd tell anybody wanting to test me to suck it. I'm not getting my blood tested for a stupid race. That is so... over the top for me.

DavePNW

Yeah I read her answer. I dunno about you guys down South, but I've never heard of anyone "amateur" getting tested. I'd tell anybody wanting to test me to suck it. I'm not getting my blood tested for a stupid race. That is so... over the top for me.

It would never happen outside of elite competition. I just found it an academic curiosity. And amused that apparently I am a doper.

Dave

onemile

I'm baffled by what comments in that thread would be asshole-ish  I just see a bunch of introductions...

Cyberic

It would never happen outside of elite competition. I just found it an academic curiosity.

Gotcha!