Beginners and Beyond

Back to Work Tuesday (Read 31 times)

Runshortii

1.5 mile w.u and 1 mile c.d with 5x800m at 10K pace with 1:45 min recoveries.  Goal was 3:47 based on my supposed 10K pace. Splits were:

3:32

3:39

3:33

3:35

3:38

Probably should have slowed down. I suck at pacing myself.  Spadework is just as horrible as I remember 

LRB

Serving size of girl scout cookies is one box.

lol

No more marathons

Today was a "relaxed" 6 miles with 8 X 100 strides.  I lost count and ended up doing nine.  Better more than less I guess.

Tomorrow is one of those weird odd workouts that Hudson Elite likes to through in there.  I'm sure onemile has seen this one.

Fartlek of 1-2-3-2-1-2-3-2-1 mins hard, moderate (faster than easy) mins match

That works out to 34 minutes of hard, not so hard, running.  I'm thinking the hard should be at 10K or so pace, and the moderate at HM pace.

I'll see how that feels for the first half or so.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day.

Cyberic

Ran 4 x (1000m w/2 mins jg) + 2 x (200m w/200m jg). 5 miles total at lunch.

Ran another 3.something  easy commuting home.

From the Internet.

On vacation still. I don't even know what day it is anymore or what's the meaning of life.

Ran 7 miles AM before husband left for work, 4 miles PM while the kid was at a playdate, the second run felt great. Progression workout tomorrow AM. I have baked 7000 bran muffins, made half a gallon of Greek yogurt, tried a new recipe for dinner, baked a batch of brownies which I will probably end up inhaling entirely on my own, and vacuumed everything. And I took a nap too. What do I do between now and Monday??

LRB

On vacation still. I don't even know what day it is anymore or what's the meaning of life.

Ran 7 miles AM before husband left for work, 4 miles PM while the kid was at a playdate, the second run felt great. Progression workout tomorrow AM. I have baked 7000 bran muffins, made half a gallon of Greek yogurt, tried a new recipe for dinner, baked a batch of brownies which I will probably end up inhaling entirely on my own, and vacuumed everything. And I took a nap too. What do I do between now and Monday??

Run, eat, run, repeat.

onemile

Tomorrow is one of those weird odd workouts that Hudson Elite likes to through in there.  I'm sure onemile has seen this one.

Fartlek of 1-2-3-2-1-2-3-2-1 mins hard, moderate (faster than easy) mins match

That works out to 34 minutes of hard, not so hard, running.  I'm thinking the hard should be at 10K or so pace, and the moderate at HM pace.

I'll see how that feels for the first half or so.

Usually I get 1 min = 5k pace, 2 mins = 10k pace, 3 mins = HM pace, and for the moderate in between I am for around MP or a touch slower, like MP + 15 sec

onemile

I ran 10-ish with

3k at HMP

2 min recovery

2k at 10k pace

1.5 min recovery

3x1k at 5k pace w/ 1.5 min recoveries

Cyberic

I ran 10-ish with

3k at HMP

2 min recovery

2k at 10k pace

1.5 min recovery

3x1k at 5k pace w/ 1.5 min recoveries

Very nice and original workout. Oh, and congrats to you for running it.

No more marathons

Very nice and original workout. Oh, and congrats to you for running it.

+1

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!