Beginners and Beyond

What it do WednesDAILIES? (Read 42 times)

LRB

D2 - Out getting the ol' ladies' heart rates up! Wink

So, my PT didn't seem overly concerned about the pain in my knee yesterday, just said to hold off on any downhill slopes a little longer, back off bridging exercises that might be putting more force on the knee for a few days, and keep focusing on isometric holds and my hamstrings. Plus, listen to my body. Got it.

I wouldn't do any downhill running if that is what's causing it...or uphill, just 'cuz. Smile

LRB

Another 2-3 mile marathon, a walk with my friend, and some grass cutting.  SSDD.

Hi! No, I do not know. Smile

Good luck with the race reports D2, I am being too. Lemmie know how that works out for you. lol

Be smart Jack.

cjones1

What up buttercups?

Haven't had a lot of internet time lately, but my running is going great!  My easy pace is dropping like a rock, it's crazy, the hills are working their magic. Smile

So apparently I test really well with senior citizens.  Yesterday I'm out running, shirtless in the 80* Carolina sun (love it!), and I pass a couple of ladies who were probably in their 70s.  I always wave and say hi to everyone I encounter while running, so I said good afternoon and asked how they were doing, one lady said that she's good and asks how I am, I said, "I'm great!", and then she says, "Mmmhmmm, I can see that!".  I about died, probably the funniest thing I've had happen to me while running.  I'm not gonna lie tho, a compliment from anyone is still very motivating, that ended up being a 6:54 mile! LOL

Hope everyone has been doing well!  Gonna try to go through some RRs later if I can find the time. Smile

Old ladies are cool.  They usually just tell me I'm too thin and ask me how I do it.

Migraine last night = rest day today.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Baboon

delicate flower

I am usually muscle tired the day after but really sore on the 2nd day (ie: today)

Back to back speed sessions sounds painful.

Speaking of painful, I've decided on the smaller 5K this Saturday.  I really don't know what I am capable of but my plan is race it like a proper 5K.  Sub-20 seems possible....first time I'm going into one thinking I have a real chance.

<3

LRB

Back to back speed sessions sounds painful.

Speaking of painful, I've decided on the smaller 5K this Saturday.  I really don't know what I am capable of but my plan is race it like a proper 5K.  Sub-20 seems possible....first time I'm going into one thinking I have a real chance.

Hopefully the race tracker works this time. 

Ric-G

Ran a few miles last nite and plan to do a few later today. I shut everything down over the last few days (sat, sun, mon)  with my back acting up..ugh. Hoping I'm on the better side of this now. I guess I'll find out over the next few days. As we all know, injuries suck... Take care everyone.

marathon pr - 3:16

From the Internet.

Too-fast "easy" 5.1 miles. I knew it was too fast but my legs didn't want to slow down so I just went with it.

Cyberic

I really don't know what I am capable of but my plan is race it like a proper 5K.  Sub-20 seems possible....first time I'm going into one thinking I have a real chance.

I know we don't all have the same strengths at the same distances (some are better at speed, others at endurance) but I'm pretty sure you can hit sub-20. You are definitely stronger than me at longer distances (I plan to work on those this summer) and I think this will show in the 5K.

I'll be curious to see how it goes for you.

Baboon

delicate flower

I know we don't all have the same strengths at the same distances (some are better at speed, others at endurance) but I'm pretty sure you can hit sub-20. You are definitely stronger than me at longer distances (I plan to work on those this summer) and I think this will show in the 5K.

I'll be curious to see how it goes for you.

My race history indicates I am actually stronger in shorter races, based on McMillan projections.  My marathon times come up about 5 minutes short based on fresh 5K and 10K PR's.

I'm guessing I can run a 19:40-19:50 if everything goes well.

<3

LRB

Ran a few miles last nite and plan to do a few later today. I shut everything down over the last few days (sat, sun, mon)  with my back acting up..ugh. Hoping I'm on the better side of this now. I guess I'll find out over the next few days. As we all know, injuries suck... Take care everyone.

Yeah we all go through it at some point. Hopefully your issue is worked out sooner rather than later.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wouldn't do any downhill running if that is what's causing it...or uphill, just 'cuz. Smile

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My race history indicates I am actually stronger in shorter races, based on McMillan projections.  My marathon times come up about 5 minutes short based on fresh 5K and 10K PR's.

My race history indicates I am actually stronger at nothing whatsoever.

Damaris

-Mowing season has officially started.  My yard seems bigger every year.

-Moles have replicated the entire Boston T system out front to scale, so Si had better get busy.

-There is a raccoon raising a litter in the loft above my garage.  Her name will be Roxanne.

10 or so is the plan later on.

Hip Redux

My race history indicates I am actually stronger at nothing whatsoever.

LOL

No more marathons

Babs - 5 minutes is close.  Both as a youngster in my 30's, and now an oldster in my 60's, my marathon pace was (don't do that shit anymore) about 16 minutes off.

Finished my track events today- the 5000 and an 800.

My competition from Monday's 1500 was a no show today, so this was essentially a time trial.  Was real pleased with the 22:21 result - splits were 7:14, 7:09, 7:07 and 51 (6:42).  The 800 followed about 20 minutes later - managed to shuffle through a 3:06.

Competing at the local senior games gets me qualified to go to the State senior games in September.  Here's hoping I can stay healthy this summer and improve on last year's effort.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!