Beginners and Beyond

!!!First freaking place in my age group!!! (Read 156 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Big grinBig grinBig grin

I have to wait until Monday to get my trophy, the wait is going to drive me crazy. I still can't believe it, it is just unreal and awesome at the same time. When I first crossed the finish line, I received a medal and was thinking "huh, a medal for a 5k".... now I'll need a medal hanger for regular medals, because the one I have is for 13.1. Then after asking on their FB about the results as 1 13 in the Division place was confusing, I figured the 13 meant 13 out of 100 females overall, but wasn't sure about the 1. That's when one of the race director guys responded telling me that I won 1st place in my age group.... my jaw dropped...

I can't believe it, I wonder if it is going to make me push myself hard or harder next weekend at the 5k on the Runway race just to see if I can do as good or better. It also makes me nervous, how am I going to feel if I don't do as well?

Eh, I ain't going to let that bother me because this is freaking awesome!!!!!

Big grinBig grinBig grin

Other than that, I am going to do whatever it takes to make Rocky better and get him back to healthy shape.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Supersono99

Smile

Congrats, that's awesome!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Congratulations, FreeSoul!  That's a great race.

You're gettin' fast!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

BruceD555

Man, I'm not sure if I should be scared or not but my line of thinking was almost exactly like LRB's ... AND in the same order. What an awesome race and you should be bouncing off the walls ... oh wait, you are. Congrats!

A certain group member is going to go in a diabetic coma at the number of exclamation points in this thread lol!

You had to to pee the whole time?  lmao!

Your phone rang at mile 2?  rotflmao!

What a cool thread!

Congrats to you!

Train smart ... race smarter.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I almost didn't take my phone but I am always worried that something might happen to my son and I want whoever is watching him to be able to get hold of me. Honestly, it only rang once the first time and then I think my butt answered it, I have a small pocket on  the back top of my capri's and that is where I keep my Tahoe key and phone when I run. Part of me is thinking damn it, I should have stayed but I never once thought I would get a trophy for anything lol.

All I could think was "wow I am passing people, a lot of people". There were two inclines, not big ones but I feel that is where I dominated most because I passed more people on the hills than on flats, and a lot of people going down hill.

My splits according to my garmin were:

Mile 1 - 8:42

Mile 2 - 8:13

Mile 3 - 7:57

I actually got under 8 minutes that last mile, and that was when I could feel myself about to hit the wall. I just kept telling myself "keep going, just a little bit more".

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Great job Free! Smile

Was it the imminent pee that made you so fast?  Hope your dog gets the treatment he needs.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, maybe.... I knew that taking it slow and careful was not going to help my case, so the best plan was to go as fast as I could without peeing on myself.

As for Rocky, thanks. I will make sure he gets it.

Great job Free! Smile

Was it the imminent pee that made you so fast?  Hope your dog gets the treatment he needs.

PRs

Great job kid. Keep up the good work.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

One2Run

Congrats! Must be an awesome feeling!

pics pls

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't know if there were people out taking pics in the rain, I will keep my eyes open. Monday when I get my trophy I will definitely have pics of that, and of course a pic of me and my son holding the trophy!

It is truly an awesome feeling, a feeling I don't know if I will ever forget.

PRs

Very nice! Congrats!

Mostly harmless

Congrats!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Big grin

PRs

MrNamtor

Only 1000?  Your finger got a cramp in it?

yes I'm dehydrated Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol

PRs