Beginners and Beyond

Tired Thursday Penguins (Read 20 times)

From the Internet.

6.4 miles with 9x~2min at 5K-ish pace this morning. I don't think I'm tapering right yet. I had planned on fewer reps and less distance. Next week I will really need to hold myself back! D

From the Internet.

Hello again.  9 done, including 6.5 at HMP.  That was a tough run.  I had to push the last mile.  It seemed as hard as the 10k I ran recently, yet it was 40 seconds per mile slower.  What's up with that??

Those workouts are SO. HARD. I'm so glad I don't have another one on my schedule for a while!! Well.. after 13.1 at HMP next week, that is. Oh man, why did I want to race a HM anyway??

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hello again.  9 done, including 6.5 at HMP.  That was a tough run.  I had to push the last mile.  It seemed as hard as the 10k I ran recently, yet it was 40 seconds per mile slower.  What's up with that??

Jack, OK to take a few days off,

HopesMom, fingers crossed that you will achieve all your goals!

Maybe weather?

Damaris

Brilliant

Allison - that's quite the workout you did today.  Do you have an upcoming HM?

Not until August.  I don't want to wear myself out too early so I might not do another one of these for a month or so.

Those workouts are SO. HARD. I'm so glad I don't have another one on my schedule for a while!! Well.. after 13.1 at HMP next week, that is. Oh man, why did I want to race a HM anyway??

You will do great!  Although I'm surprised at the bolded statement; I don't usually ask that question until race day! Wink

Maybe weather?

Hmm, I don't think so; it was nice and cool and did not rain on me after all.  (sorry, I hate to use words like "nice and cool" to you!)

hog4life

You are going to do extremely well, I know you will, you've put in the training!

From the Internet.

Brill - lol I've been asking myself for the last 4 months. Some days I'm excited and some days I'm just like "crap why did I do this to myself?" I must like it at least a little because I've committed to an October race as a tune-up for my marathon now Big grin Free entry in exchange for fundraising for the Ronald McDonald House that my running club is affiliated with!

Mitch - thanks!! I hope I do!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me.  It's raining anyway so a good day for a break.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

3.7 miles on another hot and humid day, followed by a couple of hours planting the garden finally: tomatoes and flowers.  Last freeze date here is May 1, but I wasn't up to digging last week.  I'm really feeling today's efforts.

Hi Guys!

Enjoyed hearing about your days. LONG 12 hour workday for me. Then off to pick up my race packet for my Saturday HM that I won't run. Really cool shirt. Going to break the rules and wear it tomorrow with jeans.

Saw the doc today about my groin. She is not a sports doctor but it's a fellow runner. She thinks it's just an overuse injury and says no running until pain free. That said, today was much better with no visible hobbling. Ah...Hope. I was pretty worried the last couple days, but today seemed to turn a corner. Gonna be smart and play this conservatively.

Meanwhile, I just finished Daniel's book and looking forward to building a new 10k training plan. Tons of it were way beyond me,  but still got a lot out of it. Looking forward to a shift away from long, long miles. Be nice to get to the point where 10 is comfortable and not so dang hard. Would like to focus on running shorter faster.

Catch you guys tomorrow.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K