Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES are for BBB (Read 55 times)

oldfartrunner

At the in-laws for Thanksgiving round 2. Supposed to eat at 1. BiL and SIL are not here yet.  Shocked.

I've had that a few times, a couple of them after running down hills. A shotgun readjustment (or realignment) usually does the trick. Below is one variation (I can't link on my phone), it can be done by yourself using a belt on the outward push, and stacking your fists between the knees on the inward push. There are a couple other moves you can try try as well. They are pulling down on the knee while pushing up on the same side from the hip. And pushing down on the knee while resisting. Both while on your back with your knees in the air. All can be found on the google.

https://youtu.be/BJkYRgptHKc

Very interesting. I looked up the symptoms of the SIJ dysfunction and it doesn't seem like thats whats going on but I think it might be worth a try. So what you experienced felt like a strained hip flexor? Unable to flex hip?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

LRB

Very interesting. I looked up the symptoms of the SIJ dysfunction and it doesn't seem like thats whats going on but I think it might be worth a try. So what you experienced felt like a strained hip flexor? Unable to flex hip?

While the adjustment is generally prescribed for SI joint dysfunction, it also helps when your hips are out of alignment. I always called it a pelvic tilt, but that's not an actual term.

To the trained eye, it can usually be spotted a mile away while lying in the supine position. I used to go in and have it done, then learned to self-adjust myself.

I am not saying you have a pelvic tilt. It's just that when I have had hip or lower back issues in the past, doing a self-adjustment usually fixes it. Or at the very least, it's one less thing you'll have to pay for should you need to go in and have it looked at.

RunningOnSand

I have not updated to iOS11, and not having this problem with my 220. Can't explain, if it's been working till now. Did you try unpairing the device, and re-pairing? Has the app been updated?

Yeah the weird thing is, yesterday it worked to sync, today it didn't--and nothing had changed (to my knowledge!). I was going to unpair the device and re-pair it. Luckily, updating to the new iOS helped and it's now working, so I didn't have to try to remember my password (is it just me, or do you guys struggle to remember which password to use? ) But upon further inspection, the google suggests that this is a common problem. Blech. Hoping that was a one and done deal. Big grin

LRB

Not as many as you would think.  Several hens are getting up there in age, and not laying much.  In addition, all but the very youngest hens stop laying altogether from about October to February (which is the normal cycle in naturally raised birds).  But, come Spring, friends and family will see a lot of eggs coming their way.

Well that works out great then.

Were you ever able to figure out the issue you were having? I'm almost afraid to ask!

workinprogress11

Congrats DR and Boon!  Nothing much to say but yay!