Beginners and Beyond

Midweek workout DAILIES (Read 21 times)

DavePNW

Ok, and is that like 75% and more?

46% have at least one dose, 35% are fully vaccinated.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We are nowhere close to 75% of one dose. And those numbers (% vaccinated) are numbers for eligible not the full population if I remember correctly.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, my theory on events is that with contact tracing being a state repsonsibility, it's unlikely a connection would get made. Plus, now sure you could truly prove the transmission happened at a race vs. the plane ride, Uber/taxi, dining, hotel, etc. I've thought the actual race itself is mostly safe (thanks work), but the other things aren't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

By fully you mean 2 doses? Well Canada has taken another approach, and we have about 2% that have had two doses. We're aiming at getting to 75% of at least one dose AFAP. 2nd dose is 112 days after the first dose in Quebec.

We'll see where that leads us, but our numbers are really going down. Sure some people get Covid after only one dose, but nobody dies anymore, and very few need to go to the hospital. From what I know (I'm no expert, as you all know Smile  ).

Therefore I'm confident that events are not going to have the effect of getting the numbers flaring up as before vaccination.

If vaccination doesn't eventually bring us back to living normally, what will?

I guess you mean, no one fully vaccinated dies anymore and that should be correct. We are still having deaths and our hospitalizations are going up in our state. In many states, including IN, it's a race between the variants and the vaccinations. And sadly, it's a tie or the variants are winning. Sadly, our cases are not going down and every two weeks cases go up by 200 or so and it takes two weeks to go back down to the same level they were 2 weeks prior only to increase again by 300-400.

In FL, the variants are increasing rapidly and they are now like 50 out of all states in cases at schools (and the variants are giving worse symptoms from what I was reading yesterday). But not surprised, since they are lead by another idiot.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cyberic, my theory on events is that with contact tracing being a state repsonsibility, it's unlikely a connection would get made. Plus, now sure you could truly prove the transmission happened at a race vs. the plane ride, Uber/taxi, dining, hotel, etc. I've thought the actual race itself is mostly safe (thanks work), but the other things aren't.

It will be interesting to see how the Chicago Marathon goes with that. Most of our races here are local, except some people came to Carmel for it. I think Chicago would be the first test of a massive race with lots of people from out of state (and out of the country if that will be a thing by then).

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

An easy effort 6 miles today, just running around again.

Happily my town and county are trending ahead of state and national averages with regard to vaccination.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

It will be interesting to see how the Chicago Marathon goes with that. Most of our races here are local, except some people came to Carmel for it. I think Chicago would be the first test of a massive race with lots of people from out of state (and out of the country if that will be a thing by then).

If there was pre-event testing for all and then post event (maybe 5 days and 10 days out), you would have an accurate measure for the participants. In reality, the event impact goes beyond those running--staff, volunteers, family, etc. Let's say a family attends and a family member catches covid at some indoor venue. To me, that's related to the race, even if it's not a runner.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, yes, that's why when FL says their cases have not gone up (which is false also) I laughed because we know people are catching it there and testing positive back home and being counted there.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

In PA about 52% have received at least one dose. In my county it's about 36%. The urban areas seem to have much higher vaccination rates. That seems to be by choice, since the vaccines are available. I get my second dose today.

I ran 7.8 miles on a beautiful sunny and breezy day. My glute pain has been worse lately and stopped my run yesterday after only .2 but I was able to ignore it today for the most part.

Cyberic

I guess you mean, no one fully vaccinated dies anymore and that should be correct. 

I was talking one dose. We have chosen one dose asap, and it is believed (I think that also, but we'll see) that although 2 doses are better than one, one dose still prevents big problems (death being the biggest of them all) and our target is to reach maximum one dose coverage afap. Sure some people still catch covid (in people vaccinated, one dose) but nobody dies anymore (one dose).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was talking one dose. We have chosen one dose asap, and it is believed (I think that also, but we'll see) that although 2 doses are better than one, one dose still prevents big problems (death being the biggest of them all) and our target is to reach maximum one dose coverage afap. Sure some people still catch covid (in people vaccinated, one dose) but nobody dies anymore (one dose).

We are still having deaths but I don't think my state is tracking whether the people had one dose or not. With one dose, you have at the most  80% protection after a week or so of the first vaccine, but there is a 20% chance after all.

Once the vaccine is available to every age group, I'll be meh about those that decide not to take it. It's your funeral...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Talking about that, IN just did their press conference and we are at 40% fully vaccinated, yay. And she said from total population so like HCK said, looks like it does not count anyone 16 or less.

We all variants and she just said it's around 40% of the covid cases. 

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

8.42 mile tempo run at 6:39 avg and it fucking sucked.

<3

KCRuns

I walked 2.5 miles on the treadmill.

onemile

ran 8 EZ with URP