Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES; In Search of... (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Went to PT and just dropped Hershey at the vet. They weighed him at 10.8 when last year he was 14.  Hoping it's nothing major. Pilates now as if I can concentrate.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Vacation 21 days, stops accruing at 32.5 days.

Sick time 10 days, stops accruing at 30 days, I have not accrued sick time in years.

2 free days.

5 snow days

Nice change from the place I worked before with 2 weeks vacation & 1 week sick. Plus as a small company, time off around holidays was at a premium. It's maddening when the most senior employee, who was Jewish, insisted on taking off Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas, leaving those with less seniority working (and that person took off a day or 2 for Hannukah).

Docket, hope Hershey is ok.

delicate flower

2500 yard swim done, and happy to report that our skis have been delivered.  I'd have tipped the guy if I was home.

Re: vacation days, I get 35 PTO days a year which includes company holidays, and I carry over all unused time.  I tend to work half the holidays and use the time off elsewhere.  I can also cash in up to three weeks a year, which I do every couple of years because I could never use all that PTO.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with 8 x 1/4 mile. Some at 5k pace, 2 way the heck faster than 5k pace plus 1 x 4/10 mile at 5k pace. The odd one was for Strava, about the only chance I probably had for a segment record

LRB

Anyway, I need to run up and down a hill as punishment apparently.

6 x 2 minutes on these fucks. That shit was both stupid, and awful. And not necessarily in that order.

onemile

6 x 2 minutes on these fucks. That shit was both stupid, and awful. And not necessarily in that order.

onemile

I ran 5. For a few different reasons I decided to swap today's tempo workout for tomorrow's run

Cyberic

7 with 8 x 1/4 mile. Some at 5k pace, 2 way the heck faster than 5k pace plus 1 x 4/10 mile at 5k pace. The odd one was for Strava, about the only chance I probably had for a segment record

I was wondering about that last one. Did you get it? The segment record?

Cyberic

Like 110 feet elevation each?

So, I just traded in my Ravenna 7's for the 8's. They seem to have a bit more room in the toebox, and a little more flexibility at the top of the foot where the 7's were giving me pain. So we'll see how they work. Thank you 90 day return policy. I did try the Ghost as well. They were OK, but a totally different feel than I'm used to, so didn't pull the trigger. In hindsight, maybe I should've bought them anyway, because 90 day return policy.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, I just traded in my Ravenna 7's for the 8's. They seem to have a bit more room in the toebox, and a little more flexibility at the top of the foot where the 7's were giving me pain. So we'll see how they work. Thank you 90 day return policy. I did try the Ghost as well. They were OK, but a totally different feel than I'm used to, so didn't pull the trigger. In hindsight, maybe I should've bought them anyway, because 90 day return policy.

Hope they help!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I was wondering about that last one. Did you get it? The segment record?

Yes. Fastest woman.

LRB

Like 110 feet elevation each?

Close! Strava has them at 115, 104, 122, 122, 118 and 117. I started and stopped at different points because my ass was being handed to me and those things didn't matter anymore. lol

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I missed all the vacation talk. Part time employees rarely get any paid vacation or sick leave. I used to have that until I asked to have my hours cut back to 12-15 a week instead of the 20-25 I was getting. Being semi-retired is tough.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.