Beginners and Beyond

Achy Breaky Friday Penguins! (Read 6 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

For Docket's IT bands and cupping bruises!!

Chorus last night was good times, with a lot of stuff from IES being brought back to the chorus.  It's good to send your director to things that jazz her inspiration periodically, so it's all good.

And I have quartet practice tonight, although I don't know if our bari will make it, since the rembrance gathering for her husband is tomorrow.  Depends on how much she thinks she's got a handle on all the details.

Then tomorrow I'm going to sit in on voice lessons for three of our leads in the morning, go to the rembrance service in the afternoon, and DH and I are going to see a local play Sunday afternoon.  Crazy weekend!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  OMG, yes, the ITB is achy from the bruising, ha.  I went to PT this morning and have 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Is PT helping, do you think?

Singer who runs a smidge

You play piano, don't you, Docket?  As part of my director's certification program, I have a music theory module.  So I'm now seriously studying how to calculate intervals of various types.  As a non-keyboardist science person, I find myself approaching it from a completely math point of view.  Like the stuff doesn't have an actual practical application! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is PT helping, do you think?

Yes, a lot.  She put the patella back in place and is helping me get the area stronger so it does not happen again. I think this will be a chronic problem for me, so every time the patella starts cracking/clicking, I'm going to have to do PT or exercises.  Need to be vigilant from now on, sigh.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You play piano, don't you, Docket?  As part of my director's certification program, I have a music theory module.  So I'm now seriously studying how to calculate intervals of various types.  As a non-keyboardist science person, I find myself approaching it from a completely math point of view.  Like the stuff doesn't have an actual practical application! 

Haha.  It's been a while since I took the theory class.  I don't even remember what it was about, but I remember liking it then.  What book are you using?  I remember ours were the beige/creme ones that started with a D, I think.  Danhauser?

Damaris