Beginners and Beyond

Just another little 5K... (Read 66 times)

LRB

We'll find that out in September!! 

(I'm kind of terrified, actually.  I think the mile is the most painful distance I've ever raced.  I mean, it ends a lot sooner than other distances, which is good, but... ouch.)

Of the four quarter miles, the third is the most painful if there is such a thing. Before that you are usually flying like a bird and after that adrenaline takes over.

So really less than 2 minutes of the 6:19 you will be running actually hurts.

The 400 repeats at mile pace you are planning will help immensely with that. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Great job, blue!  You're on a bit of a roll lately.  It is nice to see.  Smile

Had to Google Tisha B'Av.  Of course, it wouldn't be a bluerun race report if I didn't have to Google something she posted.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Of the four quarter miles, the third is the most painful if there is such a thing. Before that you are usually flying like a bird and after that adrenaline takes over.

So really less than 2 minutes of the 6:19 you will be running actually hurts.

The 400 repeats at mile pace you are planning will help immensely with that. 

Tell that to the 6:26 TT I ran this morning.    (Then again, I hope the day of the race doesn't bring 1000000000% humidity...)

Baboon -- what??  That's the first time I've ever said anything that would require Google!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Baboon -- what??  That's the first time I've ever said anything that would require Google!

I consider myself reasonably well educated and I had to Google it too.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Tell that to the 6:26 TT I ran this morning.    (Then again, I hope the day of the race doesn't bring 1000000000% humidity...)

If you can run that alone, I expect a sub-6:00 at 5th Avenue. 

: : 400 meter repeats : :

bluerun

Super B****

I consider myself reasonably well educated and I had to Google it too.

Oh, it has nothing to do with being well-educated -- I wouldn't expect most people to know that.  (I write RRs for my blog, which is mostly for my own reference; I only share them here when something exciting happens.  Tongue )  I meant that this is the first time anything like that has ever slipped through!  To my knowledge, anyway.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

If you can run that alone, I expect a sub-6:00 at 5th Avenue. 

: : 400 meter repeats : :

You really are insane!  I mean, a sub-6:00 mile is a goal of mine, but... eventually.  Not this year.  Since, you know, that would require actually training for the mile, and I love distance too much to do that.

Side note: the last time I ran the Fifth Ave. Mile, I ran it slower than a prior TT.  (I was injured, but still.)

chasing the impossible

LRB

You really are insane!

We all have our flaws.

bluerun

Super B****

We all have our flaws.

This popped up for me today.

Get out of my computer!!

chasing the impossible

LRB

Nice job Blue, glad you got to start up front.  Getting out of traffic at the start is vexatious enough to have a negative impact on the whole race, sometimes.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

We'll find that out in September!! 

(I'm kind of terrified, actually.  I think the mile is the most painful distance I've ever raced.  I mean, it ends a lot sooner than other distances, which is good, but... ouch.)

The mile hurts no doubt:  I find the 800 to be the bear (400 not as much)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Nice job Blue, glad you got to start up front.  Getting out of traffic at the start is vexatious enough to have a negative impact on the whole race, sometimes.

Yup!

I have learned to be very honest in my seeding. I'm toeing the line on 99% of races.  That 1% left is typically chok full of real talent (or decent talent + youth)

bluerun

Super B****

That's awesome! 

It actually isn't, but I did create a workout on Garmin Connect... so I'll do it.  Eventually.

Jay -- I'm afraid I was the vexatious one this time around, then... oops?  (Well, not really.  That's part of why I started too fast; I wanted to get to the outside of the road and out of the way!)

Sly -- thank you, I will be sure to never race an 800!!  Not an issue for me, really, since for some reason those all tend to be on Friday nights.

chasing the impossible

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sly -- thank you, I will be sure to never race an 800!!  Not an issue for me, really, since for some reason those all tend to be on Friday nights.

Don't let Sly's comments talk you out of running a fun race that's over very quickly. It's only the last 100m or so that gets a little uncomfortable and that's true in any race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.