Beginners and Beyond

We are Saturdailies (Read 31 times)

cjones1

0 running and now sitting waiting on Ant Man with the kids.

And yes we are back to miles.  Well, at least I am. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10 miles (16K), 73F, 71 dew point.  It felt a little humid.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

80 furlongs. Wait, are we back to miles?

I looked at the signs on the sides of the roads this morning, and nope, still in kilometers!

LRB

0 running and now sitting waiting on Ant Man with the kids.

Checking that out today as well, in D-Box. Not sure what to expect but will take a flyer on it being a Marvel production.

Half Crazy K 2.0

DD's coach was 20 minutes late for her practice, so I only had time for 8.

70 degrees with 67 DP. I understand that DP makes it opressive, but the 93% humidity says that the air was pretty saturated with water. My sweat was not cooling me down much, but mostly dripping straight to the ground.

MTA: Not complaining about the humidity D, just sharing my observations.

I find conditions like this deceptive. When you have 90+ and 70+ dewpoint, it is obvious from the minute you step outside that it is going to suck. When you have the cooler temps, it hits me midway through the run that it is humid and uncomfortable.

cjones1

Checking that out today as well, in D-Box. Not sure what to expect but will take a flyer on it being a Marvel production.

I'm not normally big on the superhero movies, but I thought it was excellent.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

I'm not normally big on the superhero movies, but I thought it was excellent.

Some of the superhero movies I like a lot; some I have no interest in. This one falls into the latter category. I have no real memory of the character from my comic book reading days of youth, and not sure I buy Paul Rudd as superhero. However it gets a 64 from Metacritic and 80 from Rotten Tomatoes, so may give it a try. But likely not before it comes to On Demand.

Dave

Cyberic

Watched Iron Man last night. The first one

Thought it was excellent. I really liked comic books when I was a kid.

B-Plus

I looked at the signs on the sides of the roads this morning, and nope, still in kilometers!

Don't conform to these imperialistic milers. It's kilometres.

B-Plus

I have a 10k race this morning.

LMAO

LRB

DavePNW

Watched Iron Man last night. The first one

Thought it was excellent. I really liked comic books when I was a kid.

+1, +1. What took you so long??

The franchises I generally like most are X-Men (by far the best IMHO), Iron Man & Spider-Man. Most of the others I can take or leave.

Dave

B-Plus

Cyberic

I'm not a big movie watcher. I never go to the movies and when I do it's to please DW, and she's not into superheroes, or catastrophe, or war, or science fiction... Was browsing Netflix last night and made time to check it out. I actually thought I had seen it before (saw Iron Man 2) but realized I had not.

LRB

Iron Man 1 was probably the best of the franchise with 3 coming in just behind it. An argument could be made that 3 was the best though.

IM 2 was subpar but I loved the Justin Hammer character.  Dude was really funny.

The X-Men flicks are the shiz except the last one seemed to put in question everything that came before it.