Beginners and Beyond

Sudden unexplained chafing... has anyone ever had that? (warning: disgusting pictures) (Read 117 times)

PADRunner

You might get your SO to record you running from the front see whats going on. It might not happen till your fatigued though.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

It could be a pelvic alignment issue. After dealing with right ITB issues and right sacroilliac joint issues I have started to see a chiropractor and found out my pelvis was totally out of alignment. He thinks it was throwing my gait off and causing the issues. I now see him fairly regularly for adjustments (twice a week for the few weeks after it happened and now just as needed) and have started doing Pilates and MELT method exercises, both which focus on pelvic alignment and stengthening the muscles that keep it aligned so it doesn't happen again. If your pelvis is misaligned, it will change your gait.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Holy crap!  This isn't like any chafing I've ever seen.  It looks like deep wounds.  Hope it's more or less healed by now, but (holy crap again) you are built of sterner stuff.  I would have called it a day at Mile 16.

happylily

Holy crap!  This isn't like any chafing I've ever seen.  It looks like deep wounds.  Hope it's more or less healed by now, but (holy crap again) you are built of sterner stuff.  I would have called it a day at Mile 16.

T.O.!

Yes, it's healed, almost no trace of the chafing on my legs. Only the deeper wound on my right knee is still there, but it's not as sensitive anymore. I had to keep it bandaged for a few days to make sure it would not get infected. I start running again tonight and I'm a little anxious to tell you the truth. I hope that this chafing was a one time occurrence. Some freak accident in my running... Anyway, I have been doing a couple of exercises to add strength to my hips and I will add the exercise you gave me in my other thread as well. Thanks!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I'll need some before and after pictures for a real comparison.

You people have issues