Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #158 (Read 33 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I might be wrong about the number...

10 miles this morning, running. First double digit run in over a month I think, the sun was already out shining with no a cloud in sight... that sucked.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Ran about 15, with 4 x 2km with 2 buddies. For various reasons I ran out of steam after 2 sets, and did the 3rd and 4th comfortably with my RPs instead of being a couple of seconds ahead.

7:58, 7:57, 8:16, 8:09

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have the 7 I switched from yesterday and weights.

Damaris

1.67 flat, right inside ham tight from the start and is was doing slow.  I say ‘ham’ but likely fascia, also feeling it in the calf, but I am old and my x-ray vision isn’t what it use to be.

Waiting to get hair cut 😀 whodathunk getting a haircut would be a momentous occasion 😀

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.8 miles with what was supposed to be 8 x 200 "strides". I've never seen that before, but that's what the Pfitz book has, so who am I to argue given the recent reesults I've gotten? I cut those short and did 6 x 200 and 2 x 100. It was sunny, hot and humid, and I probably did the first few too fast.

Daffy, enjoy the haircut!

ROS, from the other day, at least your doorbell is unique. Usually when house shit goes bad in the middle of the night, you have to play find the dying smoke alarm based on the beep every 30 seconds or so.

Cyberic, from the other day, early on in the sociaal distancing, I got yelled at in a grocery store for standing near DH. The cashier never said what the issue was, we were on our circle that wass 6 feet from anything. She never said what the issue was, we went to self checkout instead.

sdWhiskers

14 miles. Supposed to have 3 miles MP effort uphill / 3 downhill but I decided to skip that. It was super humid (for here) and my HR was in the 160s during warm up, Oof. 64 miles in last 7 days, I'm tired.

RP got a shirt and medal from a canceled HM in April. He asked me if he should throw it away but I told him we should run the course next weekend. Not race it though because it has like 1,000 ft elevation and F that.

DavePNW

8 miles.

Dave

LRB

14 miles. Supposed to have 3 miles MP effort uphill / 3 downhill but I decided to skip that.

That's an interesting concept. Probably a stupid question but was that 3 miles steady or in repeats? If steady, is there some sort of mountain nearby that you can pull that off on? I can't think of anywhere here where one could. To get up to Lake Tahoe you could but you would be completely exhausted at the end.

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's an interesting concept. Probably a stupid question but was that 3 miles steady or in repeats? If steady, is there some sort of mountain nearby that you can pull that off on? I can't think of anywhere here where one could. To get up to Lake Tahoe you could but you would be completely exhausted at the end.

If you were to start somewhere in Detroit on the water, is there is steady increase in elevation as you travel away from the water? In Baltimore, the HM starts almost along the harbor and sort of parallels the water for about 3 miles, then you have a mostly steady climb for 3 miles. The full has a similar climb early on, but it is on the west side of town.

sdWhiskers

Steady uphill. We have a bike path perfect for this workout--check my Strava elevation. Coach lives here too so sometimes writes workouts for specific routes.

Cyberic

HCK, people have gone nuts. I was supposed to go to a LRS today to buy socks, to encourage a local shop owner, but I'm not sure anymore. I know I shouldn't let one idiot deter me, but idiots like that are everywhere. I might just order online. Haven't made up my mind yet.

MP effort uphill is easier than MP effort downhill IMO. I could do the 3/3 on our local mountain. That's about how long the very wide path is.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have a steady uphill near me as well but I would be like fuck nope. I prefer the hilly AF one that has rolling hills where I can breathe on the downhill. 

PS, who thought I would be talking about hills? Can’t believe we’ve been here 9 months!

Damaris

LRB

If you were to start somewhere in Detroit on the water, is there is steady increase in elevation as you travel away from the water?

Many metropolitan areas are graded to flow downwards towards the largest river to aid with sewage systems. The problem of course is that sometimes it can be so subtle, you don't always feel it.  The route at Paint Creek Trail is technically a 9 mile uphill but you really only feel it between miles 5 and 6. But yes, when traveling north anywhere in metro Detroit, you are going up, literally. Good catch.

LRB

HCK, people have gone nuts. I was supposed to go to a LRS today to buy socks, to encourage a local shop owner, but I'm not sure anymore. I know I shouldn't let one idiot deter me, but idiots like that are everywhere. I might just order online. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Are you an idiot magnet?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, when given the option of order on-line & pick up vs. go in the store for non-grocecry items, I've chosen to pick up. Most of the time, they at least tells you what to do when you get the order confirmation. I ordered cupcakes on-line for pick up yesterday and got plenty of instructions. Park in a space close to the store, either stay in the car until someone comes out or walk up only to the door. Do not enter the store or call them. They also had several signs on the door with the same instructions. Maybe overkill, but at least I knew what I was supposed to do and got yummy cupcakes.