Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES are focused (Read 24 times)

Runshortii

I'm the same. I get up early, have my coffee right away, and then wait for everything to to exit my syssystem

I’ve only had to pee during a race once. I have to pee all the time on training runs go figure

I’ve only had to pee during a race once. I have to pee all the time on training runs go figure

Well I think for races most of us make a pretty concerted effort to start the routine earlier and make as many trips as needed to purge our systems. I don't think I need quite a 3 hour advance on coffee, but I certainly give it more time on race morning than on training days (~15 min). Food + coffee about 2 hrs prior to race time on average.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

the strangest question was "do you stop for bathroom breaks"

Let's just say normal processes continue during 12 and 24 hour races.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

RunningOnSand

There's only been one race that I've had to use the facilities, a lot, on. But a lot of training runs I've had to stop and use the bathroom.

So excited for all you Chi-people!!! I can't wait to read all your RR's.

I switched yesterday's rest day with today's cruise intervals. Did nearly 14 yesterday with 7x1mi @ 8:06. Did fine with it. It was way better than 2 weeks ago where I took an ass beating on the 2x4 @ 8:00. I was also on the TM this time (opposed to the road last time).

GinnyinPA

The only marathon where I had to use the facilities was one where we were bused to the start and had to wait over an hour in the dark beside campfires. I had a coffee while I was waiting. Not a good idea. By the time I decided to stop, I already knew the race was going to be a bust, so I didn't mind losing the time.

I ran 10 easy miles on a cool very humid day (73 with DP of 65). It wasn't bad.