Beginners and Beyond

Soul-Sapping Saturdailies (Read 35 times)

DavePNW

Wow that is a haul! Is that a Connecticut-shaped cookie!

I once won my AG in a 10k by something like 9 minutes. It was that ridiculous mountain-climbing race.

Dave

Cyberic

THANKS!  Here is today's free swag haul.  Results indicate I won my AG by 8:06.  In a 6.55 mile race.  Damn.

That's awesome! Congrats!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice haul Baboon!

I've been in a bit of a funk about racing. Been looking at races, but won't pull the plug on any. I saw this for one. It is not a FATASS or free event. Kinda makes me wonder how it went:

We need the following items for race day, please bring whatever you can:

1) Yellow bananas,

2) Oranges,

3) Bagels & cream cheese

4) Water,

5) Gatorade,

6) Coffee

7) Small disposable cups & plates

8) Napkins

9) Four- 6' tables

10) Eight - Fold-able chairs

11) Two - Fold-able canopies

12) IAAD 2019 posters & easels

13) Volunteers to setup/dismantle; serve water/Gatorade at 1.8 mile mark & at starting point.

14)  Anything else you think might be useful.

DavePNW

1) Yellow bananas,

Are they trying to say make sure the bananas are the appropriate level of ripeness, or don't bring any of those red bananas (which BTW are awesome)?

Anyway, a potluck where you don't specify who brings what is bound to be a disaster. You can end up with a bunch of people all bringing napkins.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW, I guess they are saying don't bring green or brown bananas? And yea, I can see there being a ton or cups, napkins & plates and no food or drink to go with them. I'd be a little worried that I'd show up and there was nothing but napkins.

Baboon

delicate flower

We need the following items for race day, please bring whatever you can:

It's like, let's put on a race but not do anything.

<3

zzyzx

I keep forgetting to post here. Last week I ran a 5k through a cemetery in New Orleans (was there for a wedding). I had a reasonable time (just under 27) but I was bummed because last year the 50-55 age group had no one in it, so I would have probably hit second place with that time. This year the fast old people caught onto it, so I finished 19 in my division.

I have a 10 mile race in 2 weeks and won't be able to do a long run next week most likely. I'm getting over a cold and it was chilly and pouring, so I decided to bite the bullet and treadmill it. I did pretty well. I ran 5.2 miles at around an 8:30 pace, then did 10 hard minutes on the exercise bike to get over the boredom, then did 4 miles on the treadmill at the same pace, and another 10 bike minutes. 9.2 miles was far more than I was hoping for, so go me!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's like, let's put on a race but not do anything.

That is basically the type of race a Fat Ass Race is...

Damaris

LRB

That is basically the type of race a Fat Ass Race is...

Shazam?âš¡

sdWhiskers

There was a time when that event was at the top of my wishlist. Kill it! 🔫 #pewpewpew

Its owned by Meb now!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.3 miles.

Yea, I totally get the fatass, bring your own stuff races. This one had an entry fee and was not advertised as fatass.

Baboon

delicate flower

I hope you are all watching this HOOP game.  Wow.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Only 6 done. Too late to run more and the city was in agreement because something exploded in the street and we have no power.

Damaris

LRB

Oh well, since I'm on pay no fucking mind I'll spare you the details but I saw Shazamâš¡. It's a 180 degree departure from anything DC has done and I'll leave it at that. Bitches.

DavePNW

Oh well, since I'm on pay no fucking mind I'll spare you the details but I saw Shazamâš¡. It's a 180 degree departure from anything DC has done and I'll leave it at that. Bitches.

In a good way I hope? It looks like it could be somewhat funny and entertaining and not take itself too seriously, which is in fact 180 degrees from most DC. Decent reviews even. DD kind of wants to see it, so I might end up going.

Sitting down to re-watch Deadpool 2 now.

Dave