Beginners and Beyond

Totally Tubular Tuesdailies (Read 34 times)

LRB

Good gosh ya'll slow down. I did go get my 220 and I got the app on my phone and it seems to be working.

Question, do I have to have Bluetooth on all the time (220 or phone) or just when I need to do these uploads or system after a workout?

You can do it however you want. Leave them both on, both off, or one and the other or vice versa.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You can do it however you want. Leave them both on, both off, or one and the other or vice versa.

The reason I am asking is, doesn't bluetooth eat up battery life? If so, then I want to have them both off if I don't need them on.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

The reason I am asking is, doesn't bluetooth eat up battery life? If so, then I want to have them both off if I don't need them on.

I leave the bluetooth on on both the cell and Garmin. I think the Garmin goes into some sort of battery save mode if it is on the locked screen with just the time. If not, mine goes nuts connecting & disconnecting (and buzzing & beeping).

onemile

It eats up the battery on your phone, yes.  I keep mine off and only turn it on when I need to.

LRB

It eats up the battery on your phone, yes.  I keep mine off and only turn it on when I need to.

No more marathons

I leave the bluetooth on on both the cell and Garmin. I think the Garmin goes into some sort of battery save mode if it is on the locked screen with just the time. If not, mine goes nuts connecting & disconnecting (and buzzing & beeping).

Different watch, but I leave my bluetooth on all the time.  I think it impacts my phone more than my watch.

And the watch is one I got for Father's day and at first I though "well, that's not a real runners watch".  But now I'm sold.

It's the garmin vivoactive.  There are two things that I really like about this watch.

1.  I wear it as my regular day to day watch, and my workout watch - and it holds it's charge for a full week, and that's with about 4 and a half hours of running.

2.  It only takes about 5 to 8 seconds to get a satellite connection.  That's way better than either my 205 or my 210.

Lots of other stuff to like - wireless connection to garmin connect and RA, three data screens with up to 3 data fields that can be changed how I want, easy connect to HRM and foot pod.  Lots of garmins do those things, so that's why I list the first two as a bit out of the norm.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Week one, day two of NC State Senior Games training plan.

Called for 3 or so miles of "up tempo". Half mile warm up then 4 times 5 minutes with each interval faster than the previous one.

Average mile pace for each 5 minutes was 8:20, 8:07, 7:59, 7:41. Mile or so cool down.  So average was about HM pace.

After work actually did a couple planks - 45 seconds each. For me that's a bunch.

Two workouts down, 64 to go.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles. Really pleasant night, low humidity and not too hot.

LRB

I saw it live, and I've watched the women's 1500m final a million times since. Brenda Martinez is my new favorite elite runner.

workinprogress11

5 very warm miles.

onemile

7 very warm miles.

Ric-G

5 miles this evening...I actually watched about 2 innings of the mlb all star game...I have no idea why...the AL won and get home field in the World Series apparently. So the game actually meant something....

marathon pr - 3:16