Beginners and Beyond

Pingüinos de Jueves (Read 24 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Too bad I don't have the smiley where the face is hitting the wall right this minute....

Damaris

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Too bad I don't have the smiley where the face is hitting the wall right this minute....

Ja Ja Ja!!! <3

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Philliefan33

I'm not even going to attempt any Spanish. I'm so bad, even my gringo daughters with just three years of high school Spanish class roll their eyes when I attempt to say anything in Spanish.

I did 3.8 very windy miles tonight. Windy but warm, so it was actually a nice run.

Amazonian Princess

The day I pop in to say Hola, I can't habla enough to keep up

Work has been hella busy because I've been taking Fridays off the past few weeks: to rest, to travel to Fresno for the Komen Race for the Cure 5k (in a friggin' tutu because apparently I love my niece who requested it more than I love my own dignity ), and tomorrow I'm off to travel for the Two Cities Half Marathon.

My right knee and left ankle have been off since last month so I've been taping them, wearing compression tights for LR's, icing, and taking ibuprofen as needed. I've also been running on dirt or gravel when I can and shortening my run/walks to finish on the elliptical. Stretching, rolling, and professional massage, too. Hitting it with everything short of going to the doctor because she might say to stop running and I have two HM's next month.

Y'know, anywhere else I think that last sentence would get a few head shakes, but I suspect there's some understanding of it in the igloo...

I can. I will. I am. 

Robert31320

Team TJ

I don't really habla a damn lick of Espanol so I'll just stick with, Hey y'all.

I got in 2 early morning miles.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

Ginny, points for Spanish reading comprehension. Smile

Bacon, I know exactly what you mean. And some things do go away with the right stretching/taping/ whatever technique. As long as it's staying the same and not really getting worse,  I guess?

From the Internet.

Yo pens!

Busy week, busy day. 6.5 mile progression on the dreadmill early AM - 2 miles easy, 2 miles MP, 2 miles GHMP, very short cooldown since I got out the door later than planned. 8:00ish pace didn't feel too bad until the very end when I got way hot (no fans in there ), but then again it was the treadmill vs. my footpod and I have no idea whether either of those SOBs were anywhere near accurate. I shall have to wait for my first outdoor tempo-type run to render any serious judgment. Rode friend's horse in the afternoon. I had no idea how much I'd missed having a regular ride until I got one again!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I'm back from the expo.  I spent... way too much on a running jacket.  I guess I'd better get in a lot of winter runs. =D  I saw Kristin and a bunch of other running friends.  She's still experiencing pain while walking but she's committed to running the marathon.  More power to her.  For her sake I hope that she's able to finish without hurting herself any more than she's already injured.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm back from the expo.  I spent... way too much on a running jacket.  I guess I'd better get in a lot of winter runs. =D  I saw Kristin and a bunch of other running friends.  She's still experiencing pain while walking but she's committed to running the marathon.  More power to her.  For her sake I hope that she's able to finish without hurting herself any more than she's already injured.

She is on my 2015 team and she has not run in a few weeks.  I wonder if she has an SFx instead of what she thought she had.  Hoping she has a good race.

Damaris

Buelligan

I did not know that "no" in Spanish is "no."