Beginners and Beyond

Pie Overdose Sundailies? (Read 40 times)

Ugh, be safe, D.

3.87 regeneration, because it was time for a super-easy day.  I saw my first robin of the year, feathers all poofy to stay warm.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I saw my first robin of the year, feathers all poofy to stay warm.

Those bird lie. I had a whole bunch of 'em sitting in the trees out back on February 16. Which was the day before we used 6 snow days in 3 weeks.

LRB

Speaking of running and shooting, I saw Run All Night. Liam plays an alcoholic and excop not a hero. I enjoy him as an actor, it was worth the watch.

I passed on the wine this time feeling the need to let my body recover from my longest run since that stupid marathon, so I had Gatorade instead.

I will drink some of the purple stuff later after dinner, which will be great northern beans, fried cornbread and wild rice.

LRB

Those bird lie. I had a whole bunch of 'em sitting in the trees out back on February 16. Which was the day before we used 6 snow days in 3 weeks.

They have not left Michigan the last two winters. Either that or they have come back early because we have seen them in January both years.

Little Blue

If you guys need a sign of spring, I'll be happy to ship you a flock of Canada geese.  They've emerged from wherever they hide in the winter, and they're feeling .. um .. frisky.  A run in the park is a game of hopscotch, trying to avoid the goose poop.  Don't be bashful, there's enough for everyone.

Half Crazy K 2.0

If you guys need a sign of spring, I'll be happy to ship you a flock of Canada geese.  They've emerged from wherever they hide in the winter, and they're feeling .. um .. frisky.  A run in the park is a game of hopscotch, trying to avoid the goose poop.  Don't be bashful, there's enough for everyone.

No thanks. Got those in Maryland too.

LRB

No thanks. Being just south of the border, got a shit load of those in Micigan too.

LRB

I had a piece of lemon cake yesterday with ice cream instead of pie.

Worked in the garden this morning.  The asparagus is growing like crazy and some stalks were 18 inches high.  I need to make some asparagus soup for dinner.    Time to hit the treadmill.

Cream of asparagus soup is pure heaven. I have had it twice but have not found a recipe simple enough to try. Probably because it's not simple to make.

B-Plus

They have not left Michigan the last two winters. Either that or they have come back early because we have seen them in January both years.

Those mother fuckers live here year 'round. There just seems to be more green shit in the warmer months.

outoftheblue

Anyone who wants it can take my 80+ degree weather and bone dry conditions.  People literally have signs in front of their houses and business that say "pray for rain."

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Anyone who wants it can take my 80+ degree weather and bone dry conditions.  People literally have signs in front of their houses and business that say "pray for rain."

Or my 85F and humid?

hope you guys don't get too many fires this year.

Damaris

happylily

18 miles done. Still within McMillan's range, but dangerously close to too slow. 70 miles for the week. Time for a rest day tomorrow. I'd like to start working on some tempo miles in the coming days and I need fresh legs for that. Time for a shower and I'll be back to read about you guys' antics.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Did 7 easy this afternoon, shirtless in the beautiful sun, 68* with a nice breeze, absolutely perfect run!  Nothing makes me feel better than a good run in the sun, especially after a long, cold winter. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!