Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are hopefully weather stalking day (Read 37 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Looks like you are getting a unicorn 

I won't get too excited until next weekend, but if this holds up, me and Dave can thank Mr. Oski aka The Weather Killer for skipping Boston this year.  Where he races, shitty weather follows.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning Weather Worriers.

I got up and went to the gym for mostly Back focus, but with some chest, tri's.

I could run today or tomorrow, but Monday's 4.1 mile hike, Tuesday's 6.2 mile run and yesterday's 5 mile run has me at 15.3 miles so far and I still have my 10 mile long run so I don't want to push it. That'll give me 25.3 for the week, which will work for me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

Like epic shitty.

I just don't want to stand in the cold rain. 

I won't get too excited until next weekend, but if this holds up, me and Dave can thank Mr. Oski aka The Weather Killer for skipping Boston this year.  Where he races, shitty weather follows.

RunningOnSand

Good morning! I just made some blondies, and am about to go for a run, then make some chocolate zucchini bread. Oh how do I love my children. Big grin

So I'm about to do a workout outside...totally cloudy, 41*, almost no winds. Shorts? and what on top? Maybe Short sleeves and arm warmers? I'm just wondering if I'll get super cold on my cool down (20 min). What would you wear?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We're talking about the trending forecast, not race time specifics here.  In this neck of the woods, if there is a cold or hot weather pattern forming, they'd see it at this point.

Yeah, down here, we can see patterns change in a heartbeat.  Cold fronts that never come, etc. I have registered for races here 4 days prior that have a cold front and then on race day is hot AF.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha, no wonder the year he ran SF we had one of the warmest SFs ever.  But that could've been me too.

Damaris

onemile

soo a coworker just offered a free bib for the milwaukee marathon tomorrow...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good morning! I just made some blondies, and am about to go for a run, then make some chocolate zucchini bread. Oh how do I love my children. Big grin

So I'm about to do a workout outside...totally cloudy, 41*, almost no winds. Shorts? and what on top? Maybe Short sleeves and arm warmers? I'm just wondering if I'll get super cold on my cool down (20 min). What would you wear?

I wear tank and arm warmers for that (and shorts/skirts), even on easy runs.  never felt cold.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

soo a coworker just offered a free bib for the milwaukee marathon tomorrow...

Damaris

onemile

My RP is pacing a friend at an 8:30 goal (for the half marathon) so might just run with them

LRB

For me it would depend on the workout. I'm still wearing tights so that wouldn't change. Could be a singlet, short sleeve or long sleeve up top. Basically, the longer the workout the less I'd wear. Under 6 probably a long sleeve, 6 - 9, short sleeve/singlet, 9+ singlet.

onemile

shorts with a light long sleeved shirt

RunningOnSand

For me it would depend on the workout. I'm still wearing tights so that wouldn't change. Could be a singlet, short sleeve or long sleeve up top. Basically, the longer the workout the less I'd wear. Under 6 probably a long sleeve, 6 - 9, short sleeve/singlet, 9+ singlet.

It's cruise intervals...should be 4x2mi @ 7:45 pace w/3min jog recoveries...totalling about 13 miles. It's 39* now. supposed to get up to 43*.

RunningOnSand

shorts with a light long sleeved shirt

I think this is what I'm leaning towards.

RunningOnSand

I wear tank and arm warmers for that (and shorts/skirts), even on easy runs.  never felt cold.

Big grin This does not surprise me Big grin Don't you wear this into the 30s too?