Beginners and Beyond

Blood Moon Tuesday Penguins (Read 29 times)

PADRunner

SheCan

Ha@ hanging out in N. Korea with Scotty, Rodman, and Kim Jung-un.  Sounds like party time!

Jerry-- Glad you're going to get the knee fixed soon.  We need you up and running again.

Lauren-- Yay@ a new running wardrobe!  Nice, no wonder it'll take willpower to stay in, but risking an injury is not worth it.

Docket-- hope your allergy shot works.

redrum-- glad your legs are feeling well.  Good luck with your miles tonight.

HsM-- I'm glad you didn't end up in a wreck.  How nice that you're preforming for the Alzheimer patients!  Enjoy your evening!

Mitch & Ginny-- hope your rain stops and y'all can get some runs in.

Hi ya, PAD, Jack and Tracilynn!

I did an easy 5 today, and noticed that airplanes were still flying over the mountain fighting the fire.  Every time I blow my nose it's all bloody and my throat has been scratchy.  I'm thinking its from the smoke in air, or so I hope.  I sure don't' wanna be getting sick.  I just keep hoping they're able to get it under control soon.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope your pool workout went well, Lauren; and congrats on your willpower!

Damaris, hope the effects of your allergy shot are only good effects!

Good luck going to the next level, Redrum....don't let tax your legs too much on the mill!

Nice thing to do, HsM, sing at the unit.   Don't forget the words when you get there.    Sorry, I don't mean to be facetious about Alzheimer's.  Alzheimer's sucks and it hit a personal note for me and Gail yesterday when we found out our friend's husband passed away late last month from it; and having spent most of my life in the military, I tend to use "gallows humor"  at times as a way of coping through it all. I think a lot of we military folks do that.  Anyway, he was only 56 years old too, and also freaky that his father died at the same age of the very same thing. His obit was in the local paper yesterday morning, very sad.

Traci and Damaris, if you two did go to North Korea, you do realize, right, that all the runners have to wear the exact same outfit, run in step, and then after finishing, everyone lines up in order and does synchronized movements while singing a 'thank-you' song in front of The Leader.     Think you can run in this outfit?

Dang Mitch, sleet/snow this late in Alabama?  Or is it Georgia? Either way...sucks!  Good luck with your miles, hope it's not a Slip n Slide run for you!

Sorry, Ginny, about your crappy weather too.  You want to come visit San Antonio. It is very pleasant now....all our winds have died down, the skies have cleared, it's about 62 right now and sunny, with  some cotton-candy clouds floating easily across an azure sky like white swans floating across a pond.

airplanes were still flying over the mountain fighting the fire.  Every time I blow my nose it's all bloody and my throat has been scratchy.  I'm thinking its from the smoke in air    Cherie, you are already 'smokin hot' you don't need actual fire-and-smoke to prove it!   Stay safe over there!  Hope you feel better and hope all that ongoing stuff in your area gets resolved quickly, with nobody getting hurt.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Philliefan33

Howdy P's.  Sorry, but I can't make the N. Korea marathon.

It's raining cats and dogs here, so my workout will be cycling inside at the gym followed by yoga at home.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: Great picture! You need to put the heads of the female Penguins on there! I will go to N. Korea if D and Traci put on those uniforms and goose step along the course. Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The Penguin Diplomatic Corps is ready for North Korea..

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Pens...

Sleet and snow... LOL!

SRD here.

N. Korea? I will if you will. Wink

What kind of beer do they have there?

hog4life

I missed it, what's the N Korea deal? I'm working on my RR's and will have them up in a bit. The rain has stopped and the sun is peaking through. It's chilly though, at 50 with wind. I actually can't wait to go run here shortly.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Just poppin in.  Work is kickin my butt this week.  Easy run tonight.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

What kind of beer do they have there?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty, bahahaha.

So far, the allergy shot went OK but my asthma is clamoring for some relief, but it will pass once the shot calms down.

Damaris

Amazonian Princess

Ran a bit over 2 miles last night and had my tights inside out

It's been that kind of week and it's only Tuesday!

I can. I will. I am. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I missed it, what's the N Korea deal? I'm working on my RR's and will have them up in a bit. The rain has stopped and the sun is peaking through. It's chilly though, at 50 with wind. I actually can't wait to go run here shortly.

http://www.runnersworld.com/races/north-korean-marathon-open-to-everyday-runners-for-first-time

Destination Penguin FE, Mitch !!!  Wonder if Kim Jong Un is running?

AFM, 9:30, 4 miler for my surrogate runner today.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good news for my nephew in law (fell 3 stories on his back).  Out of hospital and in rehab facility.  Months of rehab ahead of him, but he wheeled himself to the bathroom today.  50% of people that fall that far do not live.  Lucky guy.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - You're definitely 007.  As for the moon and the pastor's prediction...we already had the polar vortex.

Jerry - I just want to run a marathon in North Korea because I'll be a flippin' giant!  Could you picture that?  Have you been putting a cold beer on that knee?

Lauren - That's some serious will power.  I'm proud of you.  If it makes you feel better, you can just post pictures of the new outfits here.

Docket - Come on.  I hear that the Marathon Maniacs are going to offer a new level of Maniac for those that attend the North Korean marathon.

Redrum - Maybe everyone has figured out that bringing up taxes around me is a bad idea.  I'm doing my best to hold back on the topic this year, but I have a track record of really long and irritating rants about taxes.

HsM - I really really really wish I could sing.  Enjoy it!

Mitch - I'm looking forward to the double race report!

Jack - I think it's just going to be me and you in North Korea.  You may get a chance to see what it feels like to be me when you get there.

traci - You're coming to North Korea with us?

Ginny - I think I'm going to run indoors too.  Now that we've had a couple of nice days, I'm not breaking out the running tights.  Give me my nice weather back.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013